4Wheel Parts

Matymaty

I live in the San Fernando Valley and was wondering if anyone knows a reputable place to install a suspension lift? 4WP will do a 3" lift for 480. ORE wants 660. I trust them but they are really far away and a little spendy.

Wife gave me the green light to spend 5k for lift tires and wheels. 4WP will put in a RE 3.5" lift with Fox shocks, 35s with new rims. Seems reasonable. Any other suggestions?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I know a shop in Montclair that will beat that price. But like NV375 said ORE is top notch and you get what you pay for. Be sure you get what you want first time around or you will regret it. As some old dude once told me "it's expensive to be cheap."

Marauder

How mechanically inclined are you? Lifting a jeep really isn't that bad. If it's not you daily driver, I would say try it yourself. You learn a lot about your rig doing your own work.

07JKSahara

How mechanically inclined are you? Lifting a jeep really isn't that bad. If it's not you daily driver, I would say try it yourself. You learn a lot about your rig doing your own work.

I vote this. You learn so much, you'll be very happy on the trail if you need to fix something. Spend the $600 on tools if you don't have them, then at least you get the keep the tools.

JAGS

Hooked
The other point to note about 4WP is they sell and install the kits they carry and make the most money on. ORE will do the install for just about any kit on the market AND take the time to talk you through the best kit/set-up for you and what you plan to do. To me, this was priceless as a newb.

Another idea is to ask for assistance. There are enough Jeep owners in the area that will more than likely assist for some pizza and beer. If I was closer I would be more than willing to assist. Like many have said installing a lift is fairly straight forward and when following the instructions you cannot go wrong. Also if you check out Project-JK.com and read through Eddie's write up on installing a couple of lifts. Also if you run into a hiccup just post up your questions here. This will save you some cash that can be put towards other mods. :thumb:

R/
Will

Matymaty

It is my daily driver and I have 2 teenagers and don't really have 10 hours to do a lift. However it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

MarkW13

I live in the San Fernando Valley and was wondering if anyone knows a reputable place to install a suspension lift? 4WP will do a 3" lift for 480. ORE wants 660. I trust them but they are really far away and a little spendy.

Wife gave me the green light to spend 5k for lift tires and wheels. 4WP will put in a RE 3.5" lift with Fox shocks, 35s with new rims. Seems reasonable. Any other suggestions?

I'm going to bash 4wp a little here. I have no other options than 4wp. The two stores are over 60 miles away. After the lovely hour drive, the customer reps treat you like crap unless you r driving the latest greatest pavement princess. Yeah, I get it. They aren't going to make a ton of money off me. I buy parts and own a welder, but if they would make a little effort to do anything but collect cash they would have a much better business.

On the up side, their tire prices are nearly unbeatable and the tire warranty is great.

I may drive the 4 hours to ore for some future modifications. I'll be sure to wave at the half dozen 4wp stores I pass.

Tanner505

The 4wp aka 4 wheel walmart here in nm is horrible thankfully we have a desert rat 4x4 and they are awesome, I wish I was close to ore or northridge4x4

JKALLTHEWAY

We put the Rubicon express 3.5 lift on our 2014 Jku and had not but problems. The Jeep had a 1" lean and the disconnects are in a bad spot when you're off road. 4WP had to change the disconnect every time we went out. They ended up giving me a currie anti rock sway bar for free and switched me over to the 4" rock crawler lift. That was at the Riverside branch. They honored everything they did and made it right. But man what a hassle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKALLTHEWAY

Here's a picture with the Rubicon express

Attachments

• 1420532421030.jpg
    1420532421030.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 95

JKALLTHEWAY

And this is with the Rockcrawler and the currie anti rock. Just make sure you pick what you want and not what someone pushes on you. But if you still want your warranty the Rubicon express doesn't void it.

Attachments

• 1420532532174.jpg
    1420532532174.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 92

bnatt78

I have had no problems with them, but I guess it is the people that work there. I just watched when they installed my 4 inch lift and of course they tried to sell me stuff that I didn't need or want.

JKVADER

I just did my lift kit myself with no experience was really easy just took some time. But if you don't have the time I would take it to your dealer and see what they offer for kits.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Here is a thought...you install yourself and you just got more money to spend on other stuff. I've removed my suspension twice. First time with a buddy and have done other things myself. As previously said follow Eddie's write-ups on Project-JK and you will do just fine.

07JKSahara

It is my daily driver and I have 2 teenagers and don't really have 10 hours to do a lift. However it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

If you were closer I'd help no question. If you're sold on having the lift installed, I'd head over to ORE. In the end, the $200 is inconsequential. I did mine as a DD and have a 1 year old.

Top Bottom