Evo Plush Coil Info Wanted for 2dr.

jckid

I'm considering Evo Plush Ride 2" front coils that come in their leveling kit. These would replace my current setup. I have a 2dr. Rubicon with lightweight front bumper and synthetic winch (total of about 60-70lbs. heaver than stock). I changed out my stock #14 springs to a #16 on the driver side and #17 on the passenger side, plus I have 1.5" coil spacers. That gave me about 2.25" of lift all together. I run Fox 2.0 shocks.

My thought was to ditch the spacers and heavier oem springs, and replace them with the Evo 2" plush coils, which should give me about the same amount of lift. My concern is ride quality. With the #14 springs, my Jeep handled poorly on and offroad. They were too soft. On road it would sway in the corners from side to side, and had a lot of brake dive front to back. Off-road it bottomed out easily. Changing to the #16/#17 setup did wonders. The overall ride was a little firmer, but so much better, and handling was greatly improved.

I contacted Evo to ask about their coils, and they said that "they are definitely going to give you a softer ride in the front than OEM coils will". That concerns me, because if they mean softer than the #14's I started with, that would not be good! So I guess I'm looking for anyone who's gone from stock coils to Evo Plush Ride coils, anyone that's had a 2dr on heavier oem coils and then went to plush rides, or really anyone with these springs on a lightweight 2dr to compare them to the stock springs as far as firmness, handling, etc. Will they cause my Jeep to sway in the corners and bottom out offroad, etc. People seem to rave about these springs, but if they're squishy, they're probably not for me. Yet most other brands of springs come with reports of being overly stiff on a 2dr, and probably because most springs are designed with the 4dr. in mind.

BadApple

I have the 3 inch plush rides on mine and love them. They do add a softer ride than stock. As far as sagging goes i dont really notice it but sometimes when i look at it it does seem to have a rake. I have a really heavy rear setup and stock bumper up front and soon to have a winch. These are by far the best springs i have ran and really like the ride.

Attachments

• 1420592670399.jpg
    1420592670399.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 194

jckid

Does anyone else have any feedback about using plush rides on a 2-dr.? I'm mainly looking at the front 2" springs. Everyone says these springs are "softer than stock", but there are many different stock spring rates. For example an OEM #12 front coil is going to be really, really soft, while a #19 is going to be firm (on a 2-dr. anyway). So where do the plush rides fall for firmness within the range of stock OEM coils? My JK came with #14 front springs. They were too soft, caused body roll and brake dive and I bottomed out constantly off-road. So if the plush rides are softer than that, I don't see how that would be desirable. But if they are softer than #18's #19's, then that might work for me. So to me, just saying they are softer than stock is pretty vague.

sassmouth

I have a 2 door with a steel bumper front and rear and a winch as well. I have ridden the following coils front and rear:

- Original Mopar Rubicon
- Rough Country for 3 1/2" lift (not the best ride quality being somewhat harsh and sagged as well providing less than the advertised lift height)
- Teraflex for 4" lift (very firm)
- Evo Plush Ride for 4" lift

My current setup is with the Plush Ride. They definitely ride the "softest" from my list above. I haven't noticed any sag. I would say for the ride that I was looking for, they fit the bill.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I have the evo level kit on a 4 door and went from a higher number stock spring, don't remember exactly.

The ride is comparable to stock as I can't tell a difference. In the corners it handles like stock. Remember, I'm coming from firm springs stock.

If you just want a lift then you won't be disappointed with this setup. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom