Light Bar install help!!!!!

jkwebbie

Ok so I got a 50 inch light bar for Christmas and plan on installing it myself, butttt every video I've seen of someone installing a light bar shows them running the wires to the switch in the cab through a small hole on the drivers side of the Jeep. I too have that same hole on my Jeep, but there's just one problem....my Jeep is a manual and my clutch pedal assembly goes through that hole. So has anyone else installed lights through a different hole in the firewall? If so, WHERE IS IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! lol :eek:
Oh and pictures would be very helpful too lol

Wethy

Ok so I got a 50 inch light bar for Christmas and plan on installing it myself, butttt every video I've seen of someone installing a light bar shows them running the wires to the switch in the cab through a small hole on the drivers side of the Jeep. I too have that same hole on my Jeep, but there's just one problem....my Jeep is a manual and my clutch pedal assembly goes through that hole. So has anyone else installed lights through a different hole in the firewall? If so, WHERE IS IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! lol :eek:

i dont know if this is the same hole your trying to go through. but in this pic i found is where a lot of people run their wiring through you can just poke a hole through it with a screw driver then feed something through to attach your wires onto and go from there. i used the passenger side to install my CB and Rigid dually Spots. please note this isnt my jeep i just found the picture and depending on where you want to run your switch it may make life easier
IMG_1007s.jpg

Panda

Are you referring to the hole beside the dash? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420606744.172091.jpg There is the same hole on both sides, why not wire it through the other side?

Wethy

Are you referring to the hole beside the dash? View attachment 118077 There is the same hole on both sides, why not wire it through the other side?

thats the hole i used for my wiring installs and it may be because the OP has an 07 and i believe his battery is on the otherside....? or maybe thats where he is mounting a switch panel :idontknow: only a few guesses

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
thats the hole i used for my wiring installs and it may be because the OP has an 07 and i believe his battery is on the otherside....? or maybe thats where he is mounting a switch panel :idontknow: only a few guesses

Battery is on the same side and there is a hole on both sides.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The OP is talking about a pedal hole through the firewall. It's under the dash and it's a great way to pull wire IF you have an automatic. There is a hole for the non-existent clutch pedal. Daystar makes a rubber boot that you insert into the hole and pull wire through. Not going to happen with a standard tranny though.

OP-just use one of the higher holes on either side of the dash as shown in the pics above.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I am using the same hole on my jeep (drivers side). I also wired up GreenMosters lights using same hole his is a 2010 2 door. Even if you use passengers side you can always run wire in a loom inside dash. to your switches. here is were I and putting my switches and I made my own G"Tech Pod witch is under my hood. Look in the left hand corner of pic. with arrow this is were the wire's come out. Now installing your relays if using under hood cuts down on wires coming thru the fire wall. Hope this helps :idontknow:

Switches
20140811_191216.jpg

The "G" Tech POD
20140818_191249.jpg

When installing your light bar and to keep the wiring neat be sure to remove the wiper blades and the panel with the vent in front of the windshield. I also use a plastic wire protector, which you can get at harbor freight. Then you can route the wires through the insulation behind the battery which will come out behind the dash on the passenger side. depending on where you are going to put your switches will determine which side to go through. I used the cubby in the center the dash where the power window and locks switches are, I have manual windows. If you look at my build, specifically post #10 it will show you how I routed wires through the firewall insulation. I have routed the wires through the foam as pointed out by others and to me it was a pain. hit me up if you need more assistance.

R/
Will

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?7373-The-Blank-Canvas

jkwebbie

Thanks guys! I got it installed today and everything went good except one thing. The light bar whistles while I'm going down the road. Have any of you guys experienced this? And what did you do to fix it? It's a tad annoying lol

Wethy

Thanks guys! I got it installed today and everything went good except one thing. The light bar whistles while I'm going down the road. Have any of you guys experienced this? And what did you do to fix it? It's a tad annoying lol

I dont have a light bar but apparently it is. I think some of the guys take car door trim and cut pieces and put them on the fins of the heatsync im sure someone else will chime in though
Lets see a pic of how it looks!

budmanm3

Depending on your mount, there will be whistle. I was able to angle mine slightly down and the whistle went away. But my mounts are pretty low and close to the windshield (rock slide engineering)

If you Google light bar whistling. There is many ideas of how to get rid of it. Things like sticking window trim in the fins, rigid has noise isolators that come with their lights that are little rubber blocks that fit in between the fins, these can be obtained through rigid warranty dept. If you need them, and various other fixes..

Top Bottom