EVO MFG 2012 JK ProTeK Skid System Installation Write-Up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

There is so much I absolutely love about the all new 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler - I love the new interior, all the new creature comforts, tailgate that stays open on it’s own and who could forget the awesome 3.6L Pentastar Engine with 5 speed automatic transmission. But, I do have to say I was a bit surprised to see all the new changes under the belly including a crazy exhaust loop, a dangerously exposed transmission cooler line and, no skid plates present to protect any of them. Now, those who know me know that I’m no fan of replacing factory skid plates in favor of aftermarket ones but, being that this new JK comes with nothing at all, I decided to fix that problem with the all new EVO MFG ProTeK Skid System. While it isn’t difficult to install, there are a few things that can make things tricky but, I think this write-up should help you out.

EVO MFG ProTeK Skid System for 2012 JK

JAGS

Hooked
Realize this is pretty old post. Was poking around looking for skid posts. Is CAT still running the full system? I was also talking with someone at OffRoad expo from evo and he mentioned the whole system is great but that he recommended getting at least this one piece......only thing is I can't recall which of three he said was most important.

Anyways, thought I'd revive to get some feedback now that it's been out for a while and many folks are rolling with it/or pieces of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Realize this is pretty old post. Was poking around looking for skid posts. Is CAT still running the full system? I was also talking with someone at OffRoad expo from evo and he mentioned the whole system is great but that he recommended getting at least this one piece......only thing is I can't recall which of three he said was most important.

Anyways, thought I'd revive to get some feedback now that it's been out for a while and many folks are rolling with it/or pieces of it.

We are running the oil pan and transmission skids. Both are important in my opinion as neither are protected. We had to remove the cross member skid due to the long arms we have but, it's really not necessary.

JAGS

Hooked
We are running the oil pan and transmission skids. Both are important in my opinion as neither are protected. We had to remove the cross member skid due to the long arms we have but, it's really not necessary.

Cool. Quick trigger there Eddie. I'm piecing together the odds and ends before I get the pricier items of my build.

Did you add back the "bar" from the factory or just plain Jane there now. From the install pics, it's a bit hard to tell. Do you have to have the oil skid to run the trans skid? Looks like Oil skid holds the trans skid on that end. So I can keep the bar and add one or both of these? I'm still with only stock skids.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. Quick trigger there Eddie. I'm piecing together the odds and ends before I get the pricier items of my build.

Did you add back the "bar" from the factory or just plain Jane there now. From the install pics, it's a bit hard to tell. Do you have to have the oil skid to run the trans skid? Looks like Oil skid holds the trans skid on that end. So I can keep the bar and add one or both of these? I'm still with only stock skids.

If you are referring to the "skid bar", we left it off now that we have the ProTek oil pan skid and tranny skid installed.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
hey Eddie, i actually just installed the oil pan skid but I'm not sure how to start the bolt pattern to tighten the bolts back up. i know in your write up you say do a criss cross star pattern but I'm not entirely sure how to do it :confused:

Top Bottom