EVO Rock Sliders before EVO Rock Skins

mackey

So I want to install the EVO rock sliders and rock skins on my JKU. Right now, I can only afford the sliders. Is it possible to install the skins after you already have installed the sliders? Has anyone done this? Thanks.

Panda

So I want to install the EVO rock sliders and rock skins on my JKU. Right now, I can only afford the sliders. Is it possible to install the skins after you already have installed the sliders? Has anyone done this? Thanks.

Yes you can do it but you'll have to jack the body off the frame to do it later, I had to jack up the body one inch to drill and install nutserts the bottom four holes

mackey

Yes you can do it but you'll have to jack the body off the frame to do it later, I had to jack up the body one inch to drill and install nutserts the bottom four holes

So basically, it would be a total pain in the rear to do it afterwards???

Panda

So basically, it would be a total pain in the rear to do it afterwards???

It's not too bad you just remove 6 body bolts (may be 8 for 4 dr) and place a bottle jack or two on the edge of the body under the doors
Edit: I'm sorry 2 dr has 8 body bolt not sure how many 4 drs have

Last edited:

JK LYF

Yep! Pandas right on. I called evo about a month ago and asked same question! I'll be doing it soon as well.

Skid_Kid

It is possible and has been done.

JAGS

Hooked
If you get them with the custom step angle, you won't need to jack the body. Others wise, the folks above have noted what is needed. 👍

mackey

I definitely think I'll wait and just do it in the easy and correct order. Thanks everyone for the help.

Top Bottom