tires and wings

JEEPRUNNER

hi i want to lift my jeep with a 3.5 in lift by rought country and they said i can put 35 in tire but i want to know if
i put flat bushwacker on i can put 37 in tires ? thx for answering

vjusmc

I think that shouldn't be a problem. I'm running 37" tires on a 3.5" Metal Cloak lift. I'm running smittybuilt metal fenders. I have no clearance issues even with the extreme flex of the game changer lite suspension.

As long as you run the appropriate bump stops you should be okay.

Personally, I would consider saving some money on the tires by running 35s and putting the money into a better quality lift.

One more thought; it is pretty easy to get 35s under a JK. The step to 37s is a much bigger task (when done right).

vjusmc

I agree on the better lift option. You get what you pay for. It makes a huge difference on the trails.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm running 37" tires on 3" of lift. Personally, I'd skip on the rc lift and purchase quality parts. A lift is something you shouldn't skimp on, ride quality is kinda important

which one i should put if i want a better suspension and i dont want to put 2k on it ??

I would recommend tryin to find some jeeps with different lifts and ride/drive them. I have a RC coil lift and it rides great. Everybody is gonna have a different opinion on what a "quality ride" is.

With that said, money was a factor for me as well. As much as id love a huge EVOd up jeep, that wont be in my budget for quite sometime. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Being on a budget is all the more reason to buy quality parts the first time.

RC coils are pretty well known for failure even if you are happy with the ride. Buy them twice, and you will have more money in them than just getting good coils to begin with.

In my opinion there isn't a "good" way of running 37s without approaching the $2k realm. But that's just my opinion.

=/>3" coils and trimmed or flat flares.
front lower control arms and rear upper control arms (rear uppers because you have a 2-door)
rear spring correction wedges (cutting and reorienting the perches is better)
longer sway links front and rear
front and rear driveshafts (rear because you have a 2-door)
C-gussets, (and save for a PR44 or stronger front axle)
longer shocks
bump stops
rear track bar bracket
front track bar raise and d-link flip. (you could also use an adjustable track bar, but not as good a solution)
brake line relocation brackets or longer brake lines
gear change
...etc.

I can't see doing this for less then $2k/ :idontknow:

....again, 35s are much easier to get under a JK on your budget.

Being on a budget is all the more reason to buy quality parts the first time.

RC coils are pretty well known for failure even if you are happy with the ride. Buy them twice, and you will have more money in them than just getting good coils to begin with.

Yea im not disagreeing that there arent better made coils than RC, because we all know there are. Im just saying that if some folks were to save for a EVO system, the century would be over before that happened. Just different people, in different situations. But by all means, if your budget allows, definately invest in the best quality you can.

chipper

i have 3.5k to 4k for tire and lift

That's a pretty good sized budget. I think if you do the work yourself , trim your stock fenders. And keep reading on here you'll find the best combo for your needs. I also used Northridge and saved on tax and shipping.

Webe

Option: RC long arm upgrade kit $1200, then EVO plush coils $400, EVO flip kit $300.:twocents:

vjusmc

I personally have the metal cloak game changer Lite suspension setup on my rig. I have been in three Jeeps with different suspension set ups. I have to say the metal cloak game changer lite is a great on road and off road ride. It's very predictable and comfortable on road. Off road it has tons of flex and even pre runs pretty decently. I been in a 3" RC setup Sahara (not sure exactly what the name of the kit is) which is running RC lower links and fox shocks. It was a very bumpy ride and not very much flex. I've also been in a jeep with Rubicon express 3.5" lift with fox shocks and was pretty much the same as the RC with the exception it was a little taller. I've also been in a jeep with 3" short arm EVO links and EVO valved king reservoir shocks. Much better ride but still a little bouncy on road. My game changer system has an easier time flexing and I believe it's a smoother ride when combined with the OLD MAN EMU nitro shocks.

The kit includes everything needed to install and is a full suspension solution for around 3k. The upper and lower links are very solid and everything is fully adjustable. I installed the kit in about 8 hours in my driveway and could not be happier. I definitely suggest you do some more erase arch on this system. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420832652.526703.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420832697.762452.jpg

Bacon

I have the 3" Rancho Sport lift with RS9000's and am very happy with the ride quality and off road performance. It was about a grand. Keep in mind that at 3" of lift you're going to have to address your caster angle with adjustable lca's or drop brackets. And you should also be looking at correcting your steering geometry with a flip kit. This hobby/addiction gets expensive in a hurry....

Top Bottom