Exhaust Preference

hbkid22

If you had to get an exhaust for a Jeep would you go with a Dynomax or Magnaflow? On my older trucks I ran a Maganalfow but they were also street trucks not offroading so curious if either one is better for a jeep.....

RHuckster

I've got the MF axle back single into dual out. I bought it all stainless finish & then painted all but the tips flat black(bbq paint). Its much quieter than I expected but sounds much better than that huge stock muffler, looks better too.

Rick

PB300006.jpg

Last edited:

hbkid22

I've got the MF axle back single into dual out. I bought it all stainless finish & then painted all but the tips flat black(bbq paint). Its much quieter than I expected but sounds much better than that huge stock muffler, looks better too.

Rick

View attachment 118427

Have you had any issues with clearance? It looks like they would get a little beat up with how low they hang.....

I like the black look as well...

RHuckster

I haven't had issues but I don't do rock crawling. It does sit about1.5-2.0" lower than stock.

Rick
Hitch.jpg PB300006.jpg

hbkid22

I have already smashed my stock exhaust crawling.....It looks good but I need something with good clearance. Might stick it out with the stock for a bit longer than until I smash it all to pieces!

trailless

Caught the Bug
I have the dynomax evolution competition. Most days I love it but it can be a bit loud at times. Such when running naked, there's a drone that resonates through the cab...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coloradan

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420824371.354478.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420824528.770152.jpg
I went with the Dynomax Competition Evolution exhaust or whatever it's called because I wanted to clean up the back of my Jeep and get better clearance. I chose Dynomax over Magnaflow honestly because of the huge difference in price. I figured that the difference in price wouldn't be worth it for the Magnaflow since the system is so simple.

hbkid22

View attachment 118434 View attachment 118435
I went with the Dynomax Competition Evolution exhaust or whatever it's called because I wanted to clean up the back of my Jeep and get better clearance. I chose Dynomax over Magnaflow honestly because of the huge difference in price. I figured that the difference in price wouldn't be worth it for the Magnaflow since the system is so simple.

You running a 4dr or 2dr? Just wondering how far back the exhaust dumps out? Like that system but only concern is it dumping out right under the rear passenger seat of a 2dr.....Not a huge deal but would prefer the CO2 to not dump right under my kid...

BlackHawk08jk

I've been debating on just taking my muffler off.

You will not like it at all if you just take the muffler off. I did that for a week and put it back on. It's way to loud, does not sound good, and you get a lot of back fire and crackling and popping.

BlackHawk08jk

I run an mbrp cat back system. I modified it though, I just put a turn down tip at the end of the muffler. So far I have no complaints.

thardy

Banned
You will not like it at all if you just take the muffler off. I did that for a week and put it back on. It's way to loud, does not sound good, and you get a lot of back fire and crackling and popping.

I'm pretty used to vehicles without a muffler. I ran my '97 Firebird with the LT1 with headers and race mufflers, loud as hell! But that was a V8, not sure how the 3.6 will sound. I've heard that the 3.6 sounds a little better than the 3.8 with the muffler removed. :idontknow:

BlackHawk08jk

I'm pretty used to vehicles without a muffler. I ran my '97 Firebird with the LT1 with headers and race mufflers, loud as hell! But that was a V8, not sure how the 3.6 will sound. I've heard that the 3.6 sounds a little better than the 3.8 with the muffler removed. :idontknow:

They don't sound good like a v8 does and inside the can of the jeep especially if your crawling it's just a constant defining deep noise. Not a fan of it if you can't tell. I don't mind noisy either I had a cummins 5 inch streight pipe 8 inch tip and it wasn't as bad as a jk with no muffler it at least sounded good.

I have the Dynomax competition exhaust and live it. Sounds great with a slight drone around 3000 rpm. Once I regear that will go away. I like it because it is tucked up and out of the way.

R/
Will

thardy

Banned
They don't sound good like a v8 does and inside the can of the jeep especially if your crawling it's just a constant defining deep noise. Not a fan of it if you can't tell. I don't mind noisy either I had a cummins 5 inch streight pipe 8 inch tip and it wasn't as bad as a jk with no muffler it at least sounded good.

Definitely makes sense to me. Thanks for the thoughts.

Coloradan

You running a 4dr or 2dr? Just wondering how far back the exhaust dumps out? Like that system but only concern is it dumping out right under the rear passenger seat of a 2dr.....Not a huge deal but would prefer the CO2 to not dump right under my kid...

I have a 4 door, and it does dump out right underneath the passengers which is a downside. I've only noticed it while in reverse though. They make another model with a longer pipe after the muffler so that it dumps after the axle. I'm considering buying that pipe for emissions tests.

DROBICON

I have this exhaust on my JKU and its right below the rear seat. I assume it would be the same on a 2dr. Not 100% sure. :twocents:

BlackHawk08jk

Turned my turndown slightly to the side so that the airflow pushes out toward the side more and not streight down and back up it helps keep it out of the cab a lot more and more of the sound travels out instead of back at the bottom of the jeep

Top Bottom