Passenger seat issue

dunstan74

Im having some trouble with the passenger seat on my girlfriends 2dr jk.

Ill try and explain the best I can, the seat wont stay in position it moves freely but will not stay it a certain position and always returns to position in the photo

Im thinking a cable is broken or has come loose.

The weather is too bad for me to have really good look at it but hopefully some one might know the fix for it.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1420879076775.jpg
    1420879076775.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 78

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had to deal with a JK front seat before but on the old TJ's, there was a cable attached to the seat leaver that would break and make it impossible to adjust or tilt the seat. If you are able to make it go into a position and then it come out later, it could be a broken or worn out component on the adjuster. Best thing I can recommend is that you pull the seat from your Jeep and try to pull up the cover to see what you can find.

geezz

Its not locking in the track when the seat back is in the back position. . Either hung up or something is in the way at the handle release

dunstan74

Got it sorted out something must have come out of alignment, after positioning the seat and adjuster levers in a few different positions it clicked back into place and is working perfectly.

Brankz

I had that problem just moved up and down quick and after a while just push it down quick and hard if that doesn't works move up and down quick the handle.... That's what I did

Top Bottom