2013 JKU Coolant Question

mackey

So I just did an oil change and checked all my fluids. I noticed my coolant is practically empty. 2 questions.

1st - is it normal to be almost out of coolant when I only have about 10k miles

2nd - I know I need the OAT coolant. I called the dealership and gave them the OAT part number from the thread about coolants. They said they had it and it is already premixed so I won't need to ad water. It was only about $20. Does this sound right?

Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I just did an oil change and checked all my fluids. I noticed my coolant is practically empty. 2 questions.

1st - is it normal to be almost out of coolant when I only have about 10k miles

Are you saying that your radiator is almost empty or that your overflow bottle is practically empty and, did you check this with your engine warm or cold?

2nd - I know I need the OAT coolant. I called the dealership and gave them the OAT part number from the thread about coolants. They said they had it and it is already premixed so I won't need to ad water. It was only about $20. Does this sound right?

If this Mopar coolant, yeah, sounds about right.

mackey

Are you saying that your radiator is almost empty or that your overflow bottle is practically empty and, did you check this with your engine warm or cold?

If this Mopar coolant, yeah, sounds about right.

The radiator is not empty, just the overflow bottle. The overflow bottle has empty and full markings and it was well below the empty marking. The engine was cold when I checked.

Side note - I just ordered a sweatshirt. Any idea when the park logo sweatshirts will be back in stock for XL? Also want that one. Thanks :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The radiator is not empty, just the overflow bottle. The overflow bottle has empty and full markings and it was well below the empty marking. The engine was cold when I checked.

Side note - I just ordered a sweatshirt. Any idea when the park logo sweatshirts will be back in stock for XL? Also want that one. Thanks :)

Right, you should be checking the overflow bottle when your engine is warm. You'll most likely see that it's still a bit low but not as low as it is when your engine is cold. The 3.6L motors run hot and it's not uncommon to loose a bit over time.

Regarding the hoodies, I wasn't planning on ordering more as it's almost t-shirt season again but, there have been a few requests so I may try to get more in.

Top Bottom