EVO Protek Skid System w/AFE

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just wondering if anyone has had any success installing the Protek skid system with the AFE crossover pipe.

I was about to pull the trigger and read that there is a bit of an issue, but the most recent thread I could find is over 2-1/2 years old. Maybe the skid has been updated?

Thanks!
ERAU

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just wondering if anyone has had any success installing the Protek skid system with the AFE crossover pipe.

I was about to pull the trigger and read that there is a bit of an issue, but the most recent thread I could find is over 2-1/2 years old. Maybe the skid has been updated?

Thanks!
ERAU

Present. If you have the "system," meaning, 3 pieces, if you want it to fit with the AFE pipe you will need to slice off the passenger side mount (the one that's getting in your way.) Yes it will only be held on by 3 bolts (still plenty strong) but it doesn't really matter as the belly skid makes it basically impossible to hit the tranny skid anyway. I've been running this setup on my current and last jk without issue.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Present. If you have the "system," meaning, 3 pieces, if you want it to fit with the AFE pipe you will need to slice off the passenger side mount (the one that's getting in your way.) Yes it will only be held on by 3 bolts (still plenty strong) but it doesn't really matter as the belly skid makes it basically impossible to hit the tranny skid anyway. I've been running this setup on my current and last jk without issue.

Awesome. I really like the EVO slid setup and glad there's a way to make it work. I'll be ordering it first thing Monday morning!

Top Bottom