Another lift question!

Havoc40

I've searched and searched...but didn't come up with an exact thread pertaining to my exact question on any forum.

Just ordered 35" Trail Grapplers, and Fuel Trophy's from my local Discount Tire. Also ordered JE 1350 f/r driveshafts. Now comes the dilemma everybody has...what lift? I was about to pull the trigger on an EVO Enforcer, but my future plans are to ultimately go coil overs and long arms. Just can't see spending the cash on the Enforcer to end up tossing everything later.

As much as I'd like to I just can't afford the coil over and long arm kits at once. So my dilemma is which kit first? EVO coil over kit with adj. front lower arms and drag link flip kit...toss the lower arms later? Or EVO 3" long arm kit with Bilsteins...toss the shocks/springs later? Either way is about the same price. I just want the best ride and performance possible while saving for the other. The next phase will be awhile. I'll be buying bumpers, winch, and sliders first.

Thanks in advance for any responses :thumb:

Last edited:

Havoc40

Look at the evo double d long arm. That's about what you are describing and can be upgraded.

Sorry I should have specified that in my OP. I'm talking about the double d kit. Just want to know which of the kits will offer the best ride and performance by themselves. Don't think I could go wrong either way and I'm thinking long arm with the plush ride coils first...but figured I'd ask!

ETA: I have a '14 JKUR if it matters. Also trying to make it out to MOAB (from Michigan) with my buddy in his LJ this summer. Long drive and definitely will see some abuse before the other kit is installed.

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
I'm going through the same dilemma. I'm pretty sure I'll go with the bolt on coilovers. Especially since they just introduced a full package including the front lowers and drag link flip. Later on, if I feel I need them, I'll add the long arm upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Havoc40

I'm going through the same dilemma. I'm pretty sure I'll go with the bolt on coilovers. Especially since they just introduced a full package including the front lowers and drag link flip. Later on, if I feel I need them, I'll ad the long arm upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I saw the new package kit, although I don't understand the list price vs. piecing the kit on their website ($4700 vs. $4300). We'll see once I call or the site is updated.

Crunching the numbers, in the long run it'll be about $100 cheaper to do the coil overs first. At this level what's $100, but might as well put that to use somewhere else. The only reason I was thinking about the long arm first is because it'll be the most labor intensive. I have 2 LJ's and 1 TJ to be LS swapped before I get to go anywhere this summer. Trying to get mine out of the way before my garage/lift is occupied.

BTW...thanks for catching my phones "dilemma" lol. Thought something didn't look right!

Last edited:
Top Bottom