Rubicon axle and t-case swap

keno4x4

I just bought both the front and back axles from a 2012 auto Rubicon 2 door. The seller did not want to mess with selling the t-case so he gave it to me. I have a 2008 X 2 door with auto trans. I know the axles are no problem. Will the t-case work?

Clem319

I just bought both the front and back axles from a 2012 auto Rubicon 2 door. The seller did not want to mess with selling the t-case so he gave it to me. I have a 2008 X 2 door with auto trans. I know the axles are no problem. Will the t-case work?

There was just one for sale on here because 2012 and up are different I believe. If it won't work, I'll buy it!

the transfer case for on 2007-2011 can work on either manual or automatic. The 3.6L motor was changed and the transfer case input is different. Here is a pic of both transfer cases. The one on the left is for a 2011 and down and the one on the right is for 2012 and up automatics.

IMG_0812.jpg

R/
Will

keno4x4

Would it be worth trying to find a 2012/2013 auto trans? Would that even work without major ECU ( dealer flash or replacement) work?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Would it be worth trying to find a 2012/2013 auto trans? Would that even work without major ECU ( dealer flash or replacement) work?

I would think this route would be a lot more work/expense than it's worth. A better route would be to sell this one and keep an eye out for a used Rubi case that will work with your existing transmission set up. Just my 2 cents. Congrats on the axle upgrades

The transfer case weighs about 125 lbs and for me to ship from DFW are auto Ohio was $160 and took about 5 days. I would highly recommend if you do decide to ship to build a wood crate for it. That way it will be protected. Average price is $1200 or so.

R/
Will

keno4x4

Yeah more than likely will sell ( Hot94z8 ) just need to make time to pick it up. Thanks again for all the info on the shipping.

jeeeep

Hooked
since you got it for free, would be worth a call to advance adapters and see if they make a conversion kit for it

Also contact Novak COnversions, almost forgot about them...

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug

Tried to do that when my wife's 2010 gave up it's transmission and the dealer said it wouldn't work, didn't sound like there was even a way to reprogram it.

Top Bottom