Looking for Video In-Dash Units w/GPS and Android OS?

Tanner505

Sorry I thought this is JK forum, Please move this post to JK forum

I would stay far and clear from no name China radios like that, get a brand name one check Crutchfield.com and you can put you jeep info in and it will give you tons of good options and ideas

iM7md

Thanks for your feedback, I prefer Android OS unit to utilize my Amazon Prime music and other apps available in Play Store, Are there any adapters I may use to connect ebay unit to JK?

I found those adapters but not sure if they will work with my planned setup?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541RP4CH11/PAC-RP4-CH11-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RCHY4/PAC-C2R-CHY4-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1206522NAV/Axxess-XSVI-6522-NAV-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486

Wardell

Personally, if all you want to do is play music from an android device, I'd just hook up the phone you have and play from that.

What head unit do you currently have? If you have the the 430 or 730 without the connectivity package, could install a bluetooth module to it and stream the music from your phone that way.

Or if you want a much cheaper solution, you can get an audio input cable and run that from your phone to the input jack on the front of your radio. All the stock radios have this input jack on the front.

If you're really looking for an android head unit for a JK, the only one I've ever seen is the JK1001 by Insane Audio, but IMHO it's not worth the $1400 unless you're replacing the 130 (basic radio head unit). Most of what it can do can already be done by the 470n or 730n already, and anything else can be done using an android cell phone that you'll probably already have. And the JK1001 can't get Sirius either (though apparently they are working on a module to add that).

iM7md

Personally, if all you want to do is play music from an android device, I'd just hook up the phone you have and play from that.

What head unit do you currently have? If you have the the 430 or 730 without the connectivity package, could install a bluetooth module to it and stream the music from your phone that way.

Or if you want a much cheaper solution, you can get an audio input cable and run that from your phone to the input jack on the front of your radio. All the stock radios have this input jack on the front.

If you're really looking for an android head unit for a JK, the only one I've ever seen is the JK1001 by Insane Audio, but IMHO it's not worth the $1400 unless you're replacing the 130 (basic radio head unit). Most of what it can do can already be done by the 470n or 730n already, and anything else can be done using an android cell phone that you'll probably already have. And the JK1001 can't get Sirius either (though apparently they are working on a module to add that).

Thanks for your feedback,, JK1001 looks promising but I will postpone my decision until its get major updates

Top Bottom