Things that come along with regearing.

Jtmw

I was reading a little earlier and found that if you regear a '12+ it will go into limp home mode. If anyone could shed any light on the matter, what programmer will suffice and anything else I need to have?

Thanks all.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Get the aev procal. $150. It will take care of your issues along with a lot of other things you can change.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The ProCal will do it all. There are a few other options out there also. I ended up selling my ProCal and getting an Aeroforce guage for my sPod as it serves as both a programmer and you can read tons of parameters... Temps, pressure, etc etc

Wardell

I was reading a little earlier and found that if you regear a '12+ it will go into limp home mode. If anyone could shed any light on the matter, what programmer will suffice and anything else I need to have?

Thanks all.

You need to get a programmer to change the settings for both the gear ratio in the axles as well as the tire size in order to calibrate the onboard computer and speedometer. If you don't, the different sensor readings the computer gets won't make sense to it, so it will assume there's a problem and go into limp mode.

Another company to look at that hasn't been mentioned yet is Superchips. They make a few different units, ranging from a basic programmer (similar to the AEV ProCal) to a full featured tuner, ODBII readout, and controller for the swaybar and lockers, TPMS, etc. Their TrailDash even lets you hook up accessories to it so you can turn them on and off with its touch screen. It's a pretty sweet setup and will save you from getting a separate programmer, ODBII monitor and switch pod if you're planning to go that route.

Last edited:
Top Bottom