VIDEO : Jeep Cherokee | Detour | Road Construction

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I know it's kind of silly but really, how cool would it be to take a detour in the middle of a city and find yourself driving through a wilderness? :crazyeyes:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Very cool. The faces on the people driving showed they were having fun. Reminded me of the faces we had when we test drove our Jeep.

vjusmc

Cool video. We are lucky to have a very capable and fun vehicle that we can drive everyday.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. The faces on the people driving showed they were having fun. Reminded me of the faces we had when we test drove our Jeep.

Ain't that the truth! In a lot of ways, it's why I love doing newbie runs more than a hardcore run. The faces you see on someone who's just taken their Jeep off road for the first time is priceless.

That was great! It reminded me living in Alaska where we had summer maps and winter maps for when the rivers / lakes would freeze. You would literally make a turn on a river and drive down it. So awesome!

bkac

Caught the Bug
That would be awesome!! They should do something like this at Camp Jeep it would feel like I'm at Disneyland! Lol

we went to camp jeep in 03-04 when the rubicon first came out and they had an obstacle course similar to this with mud, logs. Big hill climbs, etc, so you could try out the new Rubicon lockers in a real life situation, it was a blast! That was the first time the wife got to wheel her own rig. Good times!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
we went to camp jeep in 03-04 when the rubicon first came out and they had an obstacle course similar to this with mud, logs. Big hill climbs, etc, so you could try out the new Rubicon lockers in a real life situation, it was a blast! That was the first time the wife got to wheel her own rig. Good times!

That's cool iv always wanted to go to camp jeep just never had the chance. I may go the next time one comes around!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ain't that the truth! In a lot of ways, it's why I love doing newbie runs more than a hardcore run. The faces you see on someone who's just taken their Jeep off road for the first time is priceless.

Wish I was closer to do some runs with you guys. I would probably get even more hooked then next thing you know....pr60's, 40's,.....lol!

Wardell

I saw this about a week ago. They really managed to liven up a downtown Vancouver street, but apart from looks and one slight hill at the start it's pretty much as flat as the rest of the street. Silly is probably a good way to describe it...

I couldn't agree with this more. I am far from an expert and have nowhere near the trail time you do... But I lead several of my local clubs rides for this very reason. Let's be honest, Ohio doesn't have the most extreme trails.... but when you are new to off roading even little off cambers make for amazing faces and emotions. :thumb:

BTW: I REALLY want one of these for my next company car :yup: The Ford Explorer is the best car I've ever hated. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom