PDA

View Full Version : Getting Closer

Irish JK
01-14-2015, 03:43 PM
In an article below, the Jeep CEO, Mike Manley makes one of the strongest statements yet that I've read for a real push on the Jeep truck.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-weighing-wrangler-based-pickup.html

At this point, it seems a "truck" of some point is inevitable, just what and when.

wayoflife
01-14-2015, 03:56 PM
LOL!! I so want to believe this... really want to believe this. However, I've been hearing this same song and dance over the last 10 years. Still, it is fun to dream. :yup:

piginajeep
01-14-2015, 03:58 PM
We will see this state side before the renegade 😂

wayoflife
01-14-2015, 04:10 PM
We will see this state side before the renegade 

:cheesy: Only funny because it is so true!!

MR.Ty
01-14-2015, 07:32 PM
We will see this state side before the renegade 

:like: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Irish JK
01-17-2015, 06:32 PM
LOL!! I so want to believe this... really want to believe this. However, I've been hearing this same song and dance over the last 10 years. Still, it is fun to dream. :yup:

I think what's maybe makes this a reality this time is FCA seeing the current hot hand and profits with Jeep. They have set some lofty goals for further increasing sales in the next 3-5 years. To meet those goals, the Renegade is going to be a big part of that push, but they will also need a few other models to increase their lineup and demographic exposure.

This makes me believe that a "truck" is coming this time, but that it could quite possibly not be wrangler based and therefore not be what a lot of the faithful have been waiting quite some time for.