Has anyone moved..... To jeep more?

White_JKU

I'm in Georgia and I'm seriously considering moving to the southwest as a 3 year goal.

Funny thing is...... Only reason is to feed my appetite for more offroading. Has anyone moved in order to go offroading more frequently?

Trail_Creeper

That was one of my reasons to try and get out of Florida and back to the west coast. Lucky for me the military felt the same and sent me on a 1-year to Korea with a following assignment back to Alaska.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I was born on the East Coast and spent some time in Georgia courtesy of Uncle Sam. As you know, there's lots there to offer any 4-wheeler, but I eventually wound up in Colorado and now Arizona. In my opinion the Southwest has it all. Where else can you go below sea level in Death Valley, or 13,000+ feet over passes in Colorado, do the Rubicon.... You get the picture.
All the best on your three year plan.:yup:

White_JKU

There is next to nothing for us offroad guys here...we have 3 ORV parks within a 2.5 hour drive radius. Each of the parks can be completed in a couple hours.

I've been here in GA since I was 12...... I moved here with family from The napa valley . I'm 28 now with 8 years of law enforcement.
I'm sick of the south..... I'm ready for miles and miles of desert trails.

sm31

Yep. We moved from Oklahoma City to Casper WY in May. We were fortunate to find a job opportunity doing the same thing I did in OK (surgery business mgr). This wasn't a career move at all for us. Definitely lateral... Our entire reason for doing so was so we could raise our family in a place that had all the things we like to do on offer. Offroading, hiking, skiing, fly fishing, rock climbing (& crawling!), etc... It's the best thing we ever did for our family.

I can offer 2 pieces of advice:
1) Don't limit yourself to a confined location... cast a wide net.
2) Do it. Do it now! :cool:

We have lived in these places as follows. Oklahoma, Texas, California (san Diego, 29 palms), Texas, Oklahoma, and last Nevada. We will only live in the south west now for wheeling purposes only.

White_JKU

Im saving my money!!!! already been looking into some police departments in AZ, mainly the big four.
Mesa, Pheonix, Flagstaff, and Tuscon...

Does anyone here recommend a particular town.... or any best kept secrets in AZ as far as places to live that I should try to focus on?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I moved from NY to San Diego and love it here. The only thing I miss about NY is the land was cheap where I lived and so were the houses (Central NY). Other then that it is really hard to find somewhere better then the southwest in my opinion.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My agency is hiring, and with a lucrative pay and benefit package, not to mention So Cali being centrally located to all kinds of good wheeling. PM me if you're interested, we have recently hired several out of state laterals. Baltimore, Chicago and Las Vegas to mention a few.

J-S

I'm hoping to move back to BC on the west coast in part for this and yes I prefer the wset coast life style to the east coast

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I picked a helicopter flight school for fit high elevation training, and the much more awesome Jeeping I can do compared to the other schools I considered in Florida and Oregon. Much better here than NY or PA where I moved from.

dahreno

Banned
moved to wheel

Quit my job and sold the house and moved to Reno NV., for the wheeling and a better lifestyle. We are about 1.5 hours from the Rubicon , there's wheeling everywhere , Pyramid lake is .5 hours away . lake tahoe is an hour away. Didn't want to deal with heavy snow , so we stayed lower in elevation by going to reno . But everything we want is here , and now we are going wheeling at Gold lake area today !

White_JKU

Im glad I started this thread..... really proves that jeeping IS a wayalife for some of us. Can't wait to move out west guys!

Trail_Creeper

I'm hoping to move back to BC on the west coast in part for this and yes I prefer the wset coast life style to the east coast

I'd have to agree with you. We moved from Alaksa to Florida, expecting a "nice" change in lifestyle. However we are headed back to Anchorage in Sept lol

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I think I would move to live closer to the trails in the west but it will have to wait. Although I feel my Jeep has become a part of my being I didn't get it until after we just built a big house here in TX. But I do plan all my trips to include jeep related excursions. We are now and will forever be a jeep family and I am glad I can pass this onto my kids.

jeeperak

I'd have to agree with you. We moved from Alaksa to Florida, expecting a "nice" change in lifestyle. However we are headed back to Anchorage in Sept lol

In the same boat. We are trying to get back home to AK too. Az just isnt for us. I want 4 seasons again for my boys to grow up in. Had 2 good interviews but now its too late to make the move for this yr,

CRAZYCASEY

White_JKU said:
Im saving my money!!!! already been looking into some police departments in AZ, mainly the big four.
Mesa, Pheonix, Flagstaff, and Tuscon...

Does anyone here recommend a particular town.... or any best kept secrets in AZ as far as places to live that I should try to focus on?

If rock crawling is your goal and you decide to move to Phoenix the best trails are either north of town at table Mesa or in the Far East valley at Florence junction. We do have lots of other areas to go wheeling all over the state. You really can't go wrong in AZ!!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I left a pretty good Job in Ohio to move to California so we could actually wheel. We have been here two years and love it :yup:

Top Bottom