HELP - broke evap canister plastic hose claps

mackey

So I am installing a skid plate on my evap canister. It requires I remove the hoses currently attached. While removing the white plastic camps, the clamps broke. Can these be ordered? Should I just use a metal hose clamp? Suggestions. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421267498.172954.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421267517.603571.jpg

It's the plastic piece that locks it that broke.

jmatta33

So I am installing a skid plate on my evap canister. It requires I remove the hoses currently attached. While removing the white plastic camps, the clamps broke. Can these be ordered? Should I just use a metal hose clamp? Suggestions. View attachment 119374 View attachment 119375

It's the plastic piece that locks it that broke.

the irony here is that you were installing a skid to protect the evap and during the install you broke a component of what you were trying to protect. But im fairly certain you can go to the dealer and get a bag of those from the parts department as it looks like the same type of clip used on the vaccume pump. so it is likely used on various other hoses, which means your dealer should have some for purchase in the parts department.

mackey

I called the dealer and they said they don't sell them. I'd have to buy the hose and clips together for about $60.

JAGS

Hooked
Didn't figure it out after breaking one. Lol. Did the same but only broke one.

Piece of zip tie and super glue industrial. Make a bridge with the zip keeping the two together. Put the zip tie piece on the outside. The clips just need tension. I had the above already in the garage so was a quick fix once the glue dried.

Hope this makes sense/helps.

mackey

Well it ends up that Napa auto-parts had that retainer clips. So I picked up several. Not for $60 like the dealership wanted. Thanks for the help

mackey

Finished the skid install. Not to bad. In case anyone else has gorilla fingers and breaks the clips, here are the part numbers from Napa:

5/8" retainer clip - #730-7381
3/8" retainer clip - #730-6676

jmatta33

Finished the skid install. Not to bad. In case anyone else has gorilla fingers and breaks the clips, here are the part numbers from Napa:

5/8" retainer clip - #730-7381
3/8" retainer clip - #730-6676

thanks for the info, I may pick some up for "just in case" purposes

Top Bottom