Eliminating rear squat?

jfallon1

After adding a heavy tire carrier, rear bumper, and gear, the rear of my 2dr is starting to squat. I have future plans to build a small military style trailer to tow behind on camping trips as well. The question I have is, has anyone comfortably added upgrades to the rear only to eliminate this problem? I was thinking maybe running longer rear springs than the front. I plan to go the bolt on coilover route within the years end so would it be possible to run the rear at a higher setting than the front?

I understand I can install pucks on the springs but how would that effect the ride vs mentioned options?

Thanks for any input guys. cheers!

jfallon1

Pucks won't really change the ride. How much are you looking to raise it?

An inch maybe. I'd like for it to have the factory rake. I have 2.5" coils and was thinking about getting 3" plush rides for the rear. However, I heard they are true to size where as most other coils net more lift than advertised.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Well, on a 2 door you can add an inch I think. I think the 3" actually give 4". I'm not sure, might have to ask a 2 door guy. But pucks aren't a bad option until you get coil overs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well, on a 2 door you can add an inch I think. I think the 3" actually give 4". I'm not sure, might have to ask a 2 door guy. But pucks aren't a bad option until you get coil overs.

yea i would say the 3" plush rides give you about an inch. Hinrich sits at about 3.5" on his plush rides with the heavy bumpers and heavy slab/trail grapp combo.

jfallon1

yea i would say the 3" plush rides give you about an inch. Hinrich sits at about 3.5" on his plush rides with the heavy bumpers and heavy slab/trail grapp combo.

I may go this route then. I may also take my PSC rear bumper off and go the fascia way to lighten the load. Looks like I'll be purchasing my first EVO MFG product pretty soon. Thanks guys

Top Bottom