The bar under the JK Bumper

Jtmw

If this is a dead beat horse so be it, I'm running the XRC front bumper (Got a buy one get one free front and rear bumpers lol) and it is a guard for the bar below the bumpers.I think it really looks bad how low the bumper comes down. Make it look really short upfront, I'm a big fan of get a clear look at the steering and axle front the front. What is everyone running? I would really like to run a PSC, or even the 1/4 pounder. But that bar not being hidden seems to be an eyesore. I've seen the skids for them, but I feel like I never see any of you guys running that skid. So whats up?

I run a Rockhard stubby and it covers the bar and looks great. Or at least I think it does. Jeep looks tall and you can see a lot of the suspension. You could probably just cut the bump bar off, I doubt it would hurt.

Coloradan

Everybody running the 1/4 pounder has already cut it off, there are plenty of write-ups on how to do the chop and you really won't miss it when it's gone.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I'm with Overlander, but after it gets dinged. :D I used it as a little protector when climbing up a ledge. I haven't clipped it on my new rig (probably will at the end of the month in Utah) but after I bend it, then I'll cut it off. :D

You sure about that? Im pretty sure it's just there so that the stock air damn plastic thingie has something to grab onto.:thinking:

Yep. There were some Federal requirements for these added a few years ago. I'm not saying it would do a good job, but that is its primary function.

jmatta33

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421357868.061743.jpg

cut it off! thats the PSC BFH if you are wondering. This bumper also requires cutting part of the frame rails off so if you arent prepared to run it permanently, go with the 1/4 pounder or the bolt on PSC bumpers...

Jtmw

Well thanks guys. Glad things got cleared up for me, It'll stay on for now but when a bumper change arrives I will think about it a little more. Thanks again.

BlackHawk08jk

Yep. There were some Federal requirements for these added a few years ago. I'm not saying it would do a good job, but that is its primary function.

Well if you a mile in the air in your jeep it ain't guna help anyways lol. Leave it to federal laws to add unwanted or needed garbage to vehicles.

Top Bottom