Question about something from the PNW part 1

jboo53

Hey everyone, I was just re-watching the PNW JKX video (because it's so good) and towards the end when they're at the dunes there's a part where somebody turns something in the middle of their wheel and I was just wondering what it was. It says Dynatrac on it so I wasn't quite sure if it had something to do with the axles or if it was airing down or something else. Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: What you are looking at is an old school Hubber Tool. They were popular back in the day when every Jeep had manual locking hubs. I'm not as young as I used to be and neither are the joints in my hands. For this reason, I still use one.

jboo53

Ok, thanks! Was just curious what that was.:thumb:
So if I understand this correctly, unlocking the hubs mean that the wheels can spin freely without spinning anything in the axle?

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
:cheesy: What you are looking at is an old school Hubber Tool. They were popular back in the day when every Jeep had manual locking hubs. I'm not as young as I used to be and neither are the joints in my hands. For this reason, I still use one.

I had never seen one but thought about getting one for when I wheel with Russ. The more lazy I can be the better.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Still have one in my FC!

Top Bottom