transmissionr skidplate 2007-2011 on 2012+

Hi

The "skidplate" under the transmision ( automatic ) on a 2012 is not the biggest I´ve seen. Actually it is only some kind of bar. Anyway, not interested in aftermarket superbig skidplates but if the stock transmission skidplate from a 2007-2011 jk will fit on a 2012 and up that would be good enough.

So, is it just a bolt on operation or some minor fix or more or less impossible to get it to fit?

Best Regards

Christian

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
they are different so they will not fit. what i would suggest is to just get the EVO protek skid system for you jeep. it comes with oil pan, trans, and cross memeber skid.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
they are different so they will not fit. what i would suggest is to just get the EVO protek skid system for you jeep. it comes with oil pan, trans, and cross memeber skid.

Best on the market. I have them on both our jeeps!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Hi

The "skidplate" under the transmision ( automatic ) on a 2012 is not the biggest I´ve seen. Actually it is only some kind of bar. Anyway, not interested in aftermarket superbig skidplates but if the stock transmission skidplate from a 2007-2011 jk will fit on a 2012 and up that would be good enough.

So, is it just a bolt on operation or some minor fix or more or less impossible to get it to fit?

Best Regards

Christian

If you're not interested in aftermarket skidplates, then you're not interested in protecting your transmission - because that's your only option really.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I might be wrong but I think the only aftermarket skid Moby has is an oil pan skid, the rest is still OEM.

at this point its a custom skid with the LS. Eddie has mentioned multiple times in the past tho that if you have an auto you need to protect your oil pan and trans. if you have a standard the minimum you need is the oil pan.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The 2012 and up JKs with an auto also have a transmission oil line on the bottom of the transmission that is very prone to being broken off if you hit it. I'd be more worried about that than the pan, but the Protek skid will do a great job of protecting both.

Thanks for input guys.

Since the 2007-2011 will not fit I´ve to look at some aftermarket. The autotran really beg to get hit even with very light off road wheeling.

Will take a look at the evo that where mentioned here.

Sorry for bad english but I excuse my self with beeing a Swede!

Happy wheeling!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Thanks for input guys.

Since the 2007-2011 will not fit I´ve to look at some aftermarket. The autotran really beg to get hit even with very light off road wheeling.

Will take a look at the evo that where mentioned here.

Sorry for bad english but I excuse my self with beeing a Swede!

Happy wheeling!

No worries. The language of Jeeps is an international one. Say high to Inga for me. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I might be wrong but I think the only aftermarket skid Moby has is an oil pan skid, the rest is still OEM.

at this point its a custom skid with the LS. Eddie has mentioned multiple times in the past tho that if you have an auto you need to protect your oil pan and trans. if you have a standard the minimum you need is the oil pan.

Actually, back when we were still running the old 3.8L motor with a manual transmission, we only ran an aftermarket oil pan skidplate as it really is the only thing you need on a manual. The transfer case and gas tank were factory. Now that we are running an LS, we aren't running ANY skids and have run all kinds of trails including the JKX like that. I just try to be more aware of the fact that there's no protection underneath. Of course, someday, I would like to add a bit more protection but, it would have to be something custom.

The 2012 and up JKs with an auto also have a transmission oil line on the bottom of the transmission that is very prone to being broken off if you hit it. I'd be more worried about that than the pan, but the Protek skid will do a great job of protecting both.

Agreed. The transmission "skid bar" will probably protect the sump pan well enough but it's the exposed cooler lines that can snagged by a tree root or renegade rock that I'd worry about more. The ProTek skid system will address this well.

BitBucket

I am installing the Protek system I purchased on a Black Friday sale, yes it has taken me a while to get around to it: family and work :) I finished the oil pan skid and now moving on to the transmission skid but the instructions reference a "passenger side mount bracket. I did not get that part so did the design change or am I missing it? If anybody could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Happy New Year all.
Thanks,

BitBucket

I contacted Off Road Evolution on Monday a holiday and Drew responded. Had the part I was missing delivered to my door from EVO by Wednesday. Awesome customer service, Thanks!!

Was looking at JKU suspensions and undecided. Don't want to break the bank but now am going with a suspension from EVO! Just need to decide which one.

Top Bottom