ARB compressor

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Has anybody had overheating issues with these mounted under the hood of a JK. 2014 with the 3.6 and it is not the twin compressor.

K.D.C.H

Has anybody had overheating issues with these mounted under the hood of a JK. 2014 with the 3.6 and it is not the twin compressor.

I've wondered this too. I'm looking at the dual ARB compressor kit and I'm on the fence for either under the hood or under the passenger front seat. My other option would be the Warn Powerplant winch.

SaddleTramp

I have the larger high output "single" ARB and have not had any issues in the Vegas heat. I've aired up 8 37" tires successively without any issues and mine is mounted under the hood.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I've wondered this too. I'm looking at the dual ARB compressor kit and I'm on the fence for either under the hood or under the passenger front seat. My other option would be the Warn Powerplant winch.

I say either way you go will be good. If it was me I would do the WARN powerplant being a winch and air compressor combination.

dcbjk and JKRay: do you guys have quick connect fittings outside the hood? Like bumper or frame mounted? I've got the single high output too under the hood but would like to eventually put the QC somewhere for easy access.

K.D.C.H

I say either way you go will be good. If it was me I would do the WARN powerplant being a winch and air compressor combination.

I will say that the Powerplant is the one I've been leaning hard towards but on the other hand that Warn Zeon Platinum 10s is one bad ass machine. I love some of the features on it and I love the low profile of it in the EVO 1/4 pounder bumper.

Having kids I'd rather not have the compressor inside the JK so I'd either go with the Powerplant or Zeon with under hood compressor.

Man it's tough having these choices

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have had zero issues with my twin under the hood. I don't have the extreme summer heat to worry about like you guys out west but it still gets hot under the hood.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
dcbjk and JKRay: do you guys have quick connect fittings outside the hood? Like bumper or frame mounted? I've got the single high output too under the hood but would like to eventually put the QC somewhere for easy access.

No I left it how it was, I didnt want to drill holes or anything Im kind of lazy sometimes lol besides I got used to lifting the hood now. :D

Top Bottom