2dr lift questions

ClarksAdventures

So tax return season is coming up. That means the jeep will be getting some 35's and a 3.5 lift. Maybe even a few other goodies. Question is...

-I have a 2014, so I know I will need to have the exhaust moved up front correct?

- Will I need to replaced both the front and rear driveshafts? Or just the front?

-Do I need to replace them right a way? Or is there a danger to running them for a few months to save up for the driveshaft?

-I've heard the name JE and Coast. Is there a better/preferred brand? I also hear the numbers 1310 and 1350 thrown out there. What do they mean. And which one should I get?

Panda

So tax return season is coming up. That means the jeep will be getting some 35's and a 3.5 lift. Maybe even a few other goodies. Question is...

-I have a 2014, so I know I will need to have the exhaust moved up front correct?

- Will I need to replaced both the front and rear driveshafts? Or just the front?

-Do I need to replace them right a way? Or is there a danger to running them for a few months to save up for the driveshaft?

-I've heard the name JE and Coast. Is there a better/preferred brand? I also hear the numbers 1310 and 1350 thrown out there. What do they mean. And which one should I get?

You don't have to move the exhaust if your replacing the front drive shaft, it's better to replace the front shaft than lower the exhaust, you will need to replace the rear driveshaft and rear upper control arms on a 2dr with 3.5 inches of lift but your stock shafts will last a little while, a 1310 drive shaft will probably do with 35's depending on how hard you wheel, but I've heard of people breaking them with 35's, a 1350 will be stronger but cost a little more

ClarksAdventures

You don't have to move the exhaust if your replacing the front drive shaft, it's better to replace the front shaft than lower the exhaust, you will need to replace the rear driveshaft and rear upper control arms on a 2dr with 3.5 inches of lift but your stock shafts will last a little while, a 1310 drive shaft will probably do with 35's depending on how hard you wheel, but I've heard of people breaking them with 35's, a 1350 will be stronger but cost a little more

So I'll be able to run the rear drive shaft for 6 months or so? I could fork out the money for front and rear right away but would prefer to space it out a few months unless I'm going to do damage to more than just the driveshafts.

I like to push my limits. So if would put myself in moderate/extreme category of the ability of my rig. That being said, should I just err on the side of caution and spring for the 1350's?

Panda

So I'll be able to run the rear drive shaft for 6 months or so? I could fork out the money for front and rear right away but would prefer to space it out a few months unless I'm going to do damage to more than just the driveshafts.

I like to push my limits. So if would put myself in moderate/extreme category of the ability of my rig. That being said, should I just err on the side of caution and spring for the 1350's?

You should be ok with the rear shaft for awhile depends on how much you drive it, I've been 6 months with my stock shaft and 4 inches of lift but it's not my DD and it could go anytime but it shouldn't hurt anything besides the shaft, and I think the 1350 D/S is worth the extra $100 just for peace of mind especially on the rear :yup:

ClarksAdventures

You should be ok with the rear shaft for awhile depends on how much you drive it, I've been 6 months with my stock shaft and 4 inches of lift but it's not my DD and it could go anytime but it shouldn't hurt anything besides the shaft, and I think the 1350 D/S is worth the extra $100 just for peace of mind especially on the rear :yup:

Thanks panda!

It's my DD, and I've put 10k on it in 6 months. So sooner rather than later would be good sounds like.

Are the driveshaft swaps as easy as ordering a 1350 for a 2014 2dr? Are there any other options such as u-joints or anything that I should watch out for?

Panda

Thanks panda!

It's my DD, and I've put 10k on it in 6 months. So sooner rather than later would be good sounds like.

Are the driveshaft swaps as easy as ordering a 1350 for a 2014 2dr? Are there any other options such as u-joints or anything that I should watch out for?

Glad to help, I believe the drive shafts should come complete but you'll want to have adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle before you install an aftermarket drive shaft

ClarksAdventures

Glad to help, I believe the drive shafts should come complete but you'll want to have adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle before you install an aftermarket drive shaft

My lift should have adjustable front rear, uppers and lowers.

I'm excited to make my jeep into a big boy jeep!

Top Bottom