CB radio help!!

OscarMike2.0

I have a Cobra 75 cb radio and I installed it about a year ago, it had been working fine until about a month ago when it would start to make noises out of the left tweeter whenever I spoke (I could hear perfectly clear) and now I went to test it out again because I am going for a ride tomorrow and not just the left tweeter but both now make a horrible noise whenever I press the talk button on the cb (I can still hear others clearly)

HELP!!

I have a Cobra 75 cb radio and I installed it about a year ago, it had been working fine until about a month ago when it would start to make noises out of the left tweeter whenever I spoke (I could hear perfectly clear) and now I went to test it out again because I am going for a ride tomorrow and not just the left tweeter but both now make a horrible noise whenever I press the talk button on the cb (I can still hear others clearly)

HELP!!

Check you ground at both the Radio and Antenna

Maybe check you Coax for breaks or proximity to stereo wires. Also if you have extra coax store the extra in the rear of the vehicle not around the radio/stereo/speakers in large loops

OscarMike2.0

Maybe check you Coax for breaks or proximity to stereo wires. Also if you have extra coax store the extra in the rear of the vehicle not around the radio/stereo/speakers in large loops

Didnt see any breaks in the Coax wire and its not near the speakers.. So im pretty clueless at this point

Sorry Brandon, but large loops is wrong. Routing the extra coax is best, you don't want any loops at all. Also, for the OP, seems to me that you have too much mic gain or you are using a non-noise canceling mic and that will definitely cause the feedback you are describing. If your radio has a mic gain knob, turn it down. If not then I would find a noise canceling mic for it.

Maybe check your stereo ground and the vehicle ground as it appears to be getting worse. Other than that I am out of ideas...sorry

chipper

Sometimes on more powerful radios, if your holding your mic to close to the radio or external speaker you'll get feedback that will make a horrible squeal. Also check that mic gain and turn it down a little.

Tigrcky

Sorry Brandon, but large loops is wrong. Routing the extra coax is best, you don't want any loops at all. Also, for the OP, seems to me that you have too much mic gain or you are using a non-noise canceling mic and that will definitely cause the feedback you are describing. If your radio has a mic gain knob, turn it down. If not then I would find a noise canceling mic for it.

^^what he said, loops and coils cause an rf choke. also you might wanna try adding an extra ground to your antenna mount and to your cb radio itself just to be safe. also make sure your SWR is with in the safe range as that could cause this noise too.

Kavanji

i suspect the condition of your antenna system has deteriorated over time.
check the coax, all connectors and the antenna with its mount.
what is your VSWR?
have you hit some trees or other trail obstacles with the antenna?
when your VSWR is not good a lot of the energy your transmitter generates is
not radiated by the antenna and causes standing waves in the coax that could
be picked by other devices.

Top Bottom