New EVO Pro Series Rear Bumper Question

FastZach

Looking to upgrade the rear bumper I currently have and I know the EVO rear bumper is pretty dang new. So my question/looking for advice is what to do about rear facing lights. I want to mount 2 rigid duallys in the bumper.

Do you think I could buy the flush mount ones and cut a hole in the bumper to mount them?

Or would I have to make a bracket behind the bumper in order to mount them?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Haven't seen the bumper in person, but I've installed rigid flush mounts on a LoD rear bumper. Far better way to go than a bracket inside the bumper.

mastrcruse

I can't seem to find a side picture of the new pro series rear bumper. I went with the poison Spyder body mounted tire carrier and want to get rid of the OEM rear bumper. I like the evo fascia but something about running no bumper concerns me.

I'm looking for a small bumper that allows me to use the OEM hitch and doesn't require cutting of the frame rails. Is this pro series a good option? Any other options that yall would recommend?

bcakers83

I can't seem to find a side picture of the new pro series rear bumper. I went with the poison Spyder body mounted tire carrier and want to get rid of the OEM rear bumper. I like the evo fascia but something about running no bumper concerns me.

I'm looking for a small bumper that allows me to use the OEM hitch and doesn't require cutting of the frame rails. Is this pro series a good option? Any other options that yall would recommend?

This is what it looked like in bare steel when I did my test fit.

dyn0mitemat

I'm looking at rear bumpers currently and like the looks of the EVO one but like you guys said, I want to see more pics.

I'm really swinging towards the genright bumpers because I like how close they tuck to the body and the rear corner coverage. Hard to tell on the evo one

mastrcruse

Thanks! That looks really nice. Doesn't hangout much at all and looks to wrap enough to protect the edges. Looks like this one might be the one worth buying.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I had a chance to see this bumper in person on EVOlander and it was a really good looking bumper. Even better looking in person. It did raise one concern with me though, it scraped the paint off the body. Looked like from the frame/body flexing differently. It was only in a somewhat small spot on the sides. I haven't had the chance to ask Mel or Drew about it. I would keep in mind that it is probably a very early bumper and that adjustments have probably been made. Something I will be asking about before I order it down the road though.

mastrcruse

I had a chance to see this bumper in person on EVOlander and it was a really good looking bumper. Even better looking in person. It did raise one concern with me though, it scraped the paint off the body. Looked like from the frame/body flexing differently. It was only in a somewhat small spot on the sides. I haven't had the chance to ask Mel or Drew about it. I would keep in mind that it is probably a very early bumper and that adjustments have probably been made. Something I will be asking about before I order it down the road though.

Has anyone else had the issues with paint being scraped off? Or confirm that there might have been some tweaks? Flat fenders, stubby front and tire carrier make the OeM rear look weird. I'm feeling a bit weird going the fascia route due to accidents so I think this would be a great next choice.

mastrcruse

Brown Santa came today! My front bumper, corners, and fenders are all poison spyder but I wanted to get a piece from Evo. I really like this bumper. It fits perfectly with the shapes of the PS stuff too, which was important. It'll be semi-black powdered to match everything else and works really well with the ps body mounted tire carrier. There's room for a Lot of tire! Happy with my choice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 347

relayer4u

Brown Santa came today! My front bumper, corners, and fenders are all poison spyder but I wanted to get a piece from Evo. I really like this bumper. It fits perfectly with the shapes of the PS stuff too, which was important. It'll be semi-black powdered to match everything else and works really well with the ps body mounted tire carrier. There's room for a Lot of tire! Happy with my choice!

Did that bumper come with a rear tire support bracket? I see something in the bottom of the picture that might be the plate the tire rides on?

:beer:

mastrcruse

Did that bumper come with a rear tire support bracket? I see something in the bottom of the picture that might be the plate the tire rides on?

:beer:

It comes with the license plate relocation. I won't be using it but it comes with the bumper...pretty nice add by evo.

SnailTrail

Take picrures when its put together. I would love to see how it looks. I also have ps front and sides but not sure which rear i want. Im pretty anal about keeping it consistant but if it looks good i might reconsider.

Top Bottom