Why should I get a CB?

LetsGoMuddin

I've seen so many people here install CB radios in their Jeeps. Are they mainly used for talking to other Jeepers on the trail or truckers? I don't have any wheeling buddies :shock: ....yet so do I have a need for a CB radio? Also if I'm persuaded to get one, what will I need to make it work (antenna...)? I've been looking at the Cobra ltd 29 with bluetooth. Also I need to look into the local laws because it's not legal for teens to use cell phones in Mass so I don't know if this would apply to CB radios. Thanks for the help!

I have one for just trail riding and going to the trail in a Jeepvan. As far as getting one with a blue tooth I would not waste the money.

To get you going I would recommend going to a truck stop and picking out an antenna and coax pack and they usually come with a mount. You will need to have a CB mount where you are planning on mounting the head unit. If you check out my build thread you can see how I have my CB mounted.

there is a CB mount that you can get that fist over the center ring on the top of your windshield that keeps it out of the way. The trick will be running the wires. There are a couple of write ups. I personally like the in the JK tech section, http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5699-Cobra-29-CB-Radio-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Installation-Write-Up

R/
Will

spinuck

Too bad they don't have some sort of integrated comms. So a group of JKs out on the trail can talk without adding a CB or HAM.

relayer4u

How long do I have to be a member before I can get the secret Wayalife u-connect Bluetooth direct comm channel?

:dont_tell:

NV375

Add the CB when you have someone to talk to.

I don't think most people need more than a Uniden 510. Volume, squelch and ANL or NB switch are all the controls needed. Making use of other features involves a learning curve.

LetsGoMuddin

Thanks for all the reply's everyone. I'm going to hold off on the CB for now since I don't really have the need for it. I'll wait until I have fellow Jeepers to talk to. :)

Zstairlessone

Thanks for all the reply's everyone. I'm going to hold off on the CB for now since I don't really have the need for it. I'll wait until I have fellow Jeepers to talk to. :)

If you go on a run with a group there's a good chance they will require you to have one. You can get a handheld 40 channel and not have to mount it. Can run off batteries or 12 volt adapter.

Top Bottom