Pro comp series 97

noroad

Anyone have an opinion on the pro comp series 97's? I was thinking of getting them in 17x9 and throwing some Nitto trail grapplers on them. Was just wondering if anyone knew any pros or cons to them.

formally known as jimkell http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?23004-Hey-from-a-jeep-newbie

sooo i have them and for one real reason quadratec messed up on pricing and i got them for 50 bucks each. plus is that they are steel and you can always bang them out(when dented). con is it is steel aka heavy. i have had the most problem with getting stuff stuck in between the bead and the wheel(ask steve 3 inch piece of tree was in there) i also have dented one pretty bad and have been meaning to bang it out but just havent gotten any time to take the tire off.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I used to run them on 35x12.5, and they aren't bad. they aren't great, either. If you can get a good price, they can be a great wheel.

JK_Jimmy

sooo i have them and for one real reason quadratec messed up on pricing and i got them for 50 bucks each. plus is that they are steel and you can always bang them out(when dented). con is it is steel aka heavy. i have had the most problem with getting stuff stuck in between the bead and the wheel(ask steve 3 inch piece of tree was in there) i also have dented one pretty bad and have been meaning to bang it out but just havent gotten any time to take the tire off.

So since they are pretty heavy would I be able to still use the stock carrier with them?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So since they are pretty heavy would I be able to still use the stock carrier with them?

yes. you can get extended bumpstops to help hold your future 35's from jiggling. also since you will still have to stock bumper on for a while that will help hold the tire.

take a look at EVOlander Jim. it has 37" trail grapps on way heavier atx slabs (same company who makes my wheels) on the stock carrier with zero issues

JK_Jimmy

Another question. How's the rust on them? Is there any at all? Is the black paint chipping? Should I dip them before putting them on just to make them last a little longer? I prolly sound like a big noob right now but I'm curious.

noroad

Another question. How's the rust on them? Is there any at all? Is the black paint chipping? Should I dip them before putting them on just to make them last a little longer? I prolly sound like a big noob right now but I'm curious.

they get banged up u clean and re paint.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

I ran them for a couple of years in a lot of water and mud and never had any rust.

Top Bottom