YET ANOTHER SUSPENSION THREAD??? pro advice needed please ;)

JKBombshell

sorry guys.. but yes i got a question. i been doing my research for a while and i know that my dream has always been coilovers...
but with so many great kits out i didnt know what one to go with. i know you guys speak highly of EVO so i looked at there line up.

so some of you may know i dont have my jeep yet but i like to plan ahead and get a idea of what i want.

-- plans for the Jeep --
it will start out as a DD with some weekend fun. and a family rig. but i know that it wont be for ever. and i want to plan for the end result now then get temporary things then replace again.
end result will be my DD with lots of off-roading. at this point i will want it to be great off-road and at least ok on-road.
i only want to buy once if i can.
all kinds of trails, from long road trips to Rubicon trail and Moab. something ill be able to be in the middle of the pack when out on JKX with you guys ;) or right behind Moby to drull at my steering wheel... just want a very capable rig for everything.

my question is it really worth the extra $money$ to go with a Pro kit to get the coil-overs? over there normal kit? say.. lets compare to the Double D (not pro)
performance wise pros and cons please.

i CANT afford the DTD clearly out of my price range. but would be my dream in another life lol
but i like the price of the ENFORCER PRO. how ever even though its still quite a bit of money im thinking if there is that much more performance behind it then maybe i can save up and get these.
and
if there is that much of a difference between the two and its worth it, then how much better are the Double D Pro over the ENFORCER PRO? maybe ill not get a lift for even longer and save to get the Double D Pro. it would be over my budget but might be able to pull it off if its really worth it.

also any one know anything about the Rebel Off Road Recon kit compared to the Pro line up Evo has?

off topic Question, is there some kind of meaning behind the Evo logo? its kinda Gothic like. also whats with skulls now a days. just not a big fan.

TheStick

I had never even heard of the Enforcer Pro so I looked it up.

Both run the Evo Bolt-On coil overs. The difference seems to be the Double D comes with the long arm kit and the Enforcer with just front adjustable (short) arms (plus other items needed). The long arms would help improve handling but both should perform about the same off road. You could also always switch to long arms down the road if you felt like you wanted them.

trailless

Caught the Bug
The long arm kit, double d, will help recenter your axles and provide a more comfortable ride on the road than the enforcer kit.

Do you want to end up with coilovers? If so and you don't want to make the jump to the double d pro, I recommend getting the enforcer pro. There are a few members here running that exact set up and maybe they can comment further. Either way I haven't heard anything bad about that set up. Then, later down the road, you can always buy the double d long arm upgrade kit that provides all the additional control arms included in the double d pro.

Or you could just get the double d pro and be over with it in one purchase.

BTW, trying to keep up with all the suspension kit names is getting a bit hard! :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JKBombshell

ok thats a start, now i got to thinking... if i end up maybe some years down the road wanting a EVOLever/DTD equipped JK, is there a kit that is a great stepping stone to the DTD that i can run to grow in to a DTD in the future?

i will be running 37" for a while first. maybe until i can afford the needed upgrades to the 40"s

trailless

Caught the Bug
ok thats a start, now i got to thinking... if i end up maybe some years down the road wanting a EVOLever/DTD equipped JK, is there a kit that is a great stepping stone to the DTD that i can run to grow in to a DTD in the future?

i will be running 37" for a while first. maybe until i can afford the needed upgrades to the 40"s

The control arms can be used but the EVO lever is a different beast in itself that needs a ton of labor time to install. If you really want to go DTD in the end, I would get the evo lever in the rear and run single coilover in the rear and front. You can add in the bypasses later.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

upnover

budget boost, cut flares and run it.

Suspension ideas/costs may change by the time you go to 40s. You never gave a timeline so not sure if 1 or 5 years.

I am not a pro, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Top Bottom