Dialing in a friends lift kit. help!!

JKBombshell

i would like help Dialing in a friends lift kit in and ordering it soon.

he wanted to go with a terraflex that 4wheel parts was trying to sell him on.

i talked him out of it and got him more interested in getting a ENFORCER kit. with a list of all everything else he needs.

he says that he will go 37" because everyone is telling him not to do 35 like he wanted at first.

he has a red 2014 JKUR 4.10 gears fr/rr

so i need help getting him everything he needs to get this ordered in the next week or 2.

-- Questions --
1). should he get a 3" or the 4" kit? (he will be getting fenders)
2). other then the Kit what else does he need? drag bar flip kit?
3). in order to get the WAL discount, do i just tell them im a member? or do i need something?
4). who is it best to order from?
5). would the Plush springs make his rig sag when he tows a smaller boat? or when he loads up for camping?
6). if so then what spring would he need to get to make this kit better, stiffer for a loaded Ride

his use for the JK is mainly daily. he wants it to be capable when he does go out exploring and camping. but priority is to be great on the street.

thank you

toxicwaste29

I have the RK 2.5 kit which I believe has stiff springs by the way it rides. Pulling two four wheelers with it the springs sag loaded. I dont know how they compare in weight to the boat but all springs will sag some with weight.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I run the 3" plush rides, evo drag link flip kit and 37" tires. Not sure how much the boat weighs, but almost any coil will "sag". That's how they work. Not sure how often he goes boating or camping. Anyways, here is what 37" tires, 3" and a heavy jeep look like.

Attachments

• 1422031108004.jpg
    1422031108004.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 1422031136979.jpg
    1422031136979.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 92

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
if he wants to trim his fenders for free (or buy flat fenders like i believe you stated) then the 3" plush rides and 37's like olram posted above will be perfect. he will also want the Drag Link Flip as it will help with his steering geometry.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
i
-- Questions --
1). should he get a 3" or the 4" kit? (he will be getting fenders)
2). other then the Kit what else does he need? drag bar flip kit?
3). in order to get the WAL discount, do i just tell them im a member? or do i need something?
4). who is it best to order from?
5). would the Plush springs make his rig sag when he tows a smaller boat? or when he loads up for camping?
6). if so then what spring would he need to get to make this kit better, stiffer for a loaded Ride

his use for the JK is mainly daily. he wants it to be capable when he does go out exploring and camping. but priority is to be great on the street.

thank you

1. I would do 3" if you want to keep your COG low. Should be able to clear especially if you're getting fenders.
2. Most likely will want new gears, front driveshaft at minimum - both if you can swing it. drag link flip kit definitely. probably want to consider gusseting your D44s as well.
3. If you're talking about 4WP/4WD, I don't believe there is a discount there.
4. There are several good vendors out there - one that sponsors this forum is Northridge4x4. Check the advertisers/vendor section.
5. Depends on the weight - and probably really hard to say without trying it.
6. EVO makes other springs you could probably try - I would give them a call to discuss.

Hope that helps!

It sounds like he would like 2 different vehicles.

Not sure what the budget is but the Enforcer Pro stage 1 kit is everything he needs less a front drive shaft and would allow him to run with 3 inches of lift around town with a soft ride then change his ride height in the rear to accommodate the tongue weight of the boat. Just a thought and with the forum discount from NR4x4 it comes to 3887.00 delivered. Plus he would have a kick a$$ setup for the trails.

And as other have stated C gussets.

(note: I tried not to use the phrase "and for a little more" as that can get out of hand sometimes :cheesy: )

Top Bottom