Goin to Moab .

trailraider

k guys. I need info and lots of it.

we are making a trip to Moab in August. it has been on my bucket list for 20 years.this year its gonna happen.

anything you can tell me to make the trip better is much appreciated. im taking the family so i want them to love it as much as i know i will.

recomended trails , lodging etc.

i have been getting info from the info centre, but we all know experience is the best for info.

thanks in advance.

Hot94Z28

I want to go to Moab before I die lol. I looked far as lodging and there are condos to rent just 10 miles south that looked appealing to me two car garage and three bedrooms for not much more than a hotel. I liked the idea of having a garage to put my top and doors in while I wheeled. Always heard fins n things was a must and elephant hill. I will let the guys who have done it tell you for sure I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I really want to go but with work looks like I will try for next year.

Fridge81

Renting a condo is definitely the way to go, especially if you can break it up between a group. Hell's revenge and fins and things are located right at the edge of town and are great trails. Poison spider is a fun one as well. Top of the world is kind of a trek but it's worth the view at the end. There are so many options, it's easy to waste a lot of time on one trail.

trailraider

We are going to have 3 vehicles and at least nine of us, so the condo is appealing for sure.
Will hells revenge scare my family tho? My daughter has a rough time with off camber rides.

I look forward to everyone's input.

Thanks

Fridge81

There really aren't off camber obstacles on Hell's, just steep ups and downs. The worst off camber place I can think of is just a little downhill left that's not that bad and it's pretty early in the ride. I've seen a crown Vic on the trail, if that's and conciliation haha.

Will hells revenge scare my family tho? My daughter has a rough time with off camber rides.

I did Hells revenge last Mar in a Stock JKUR - The 3 main obstacles that you see in the videos all have bypasses (Hells Gate, Escalator, and Tip Over Challenge) As mentioned lots of hill climbs and descents - Definitely a fun trail.

rubicrawl

If you have the money I would highly suggest red cliffs lodge we stayed there my 2 first years staying there and my wife absolutely loved it that's all she loved about moab hahaha but very nice romantic relaxing and the views are spectacular check it out

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
k guys. I need info and lots of it.

we are making a trip to Moab in August. it has been on my bucket list for 20 years.this year its gonna happen.

anything you can tell me to make the trip better is much appreciated. im taking the family so i want them to love it as much as i know i will.

recomended trails , lodging etc.

i have been getting info from the info centre, but we all know experience is the best for info.

thanks in advance.

We stayed at the KOA campground in Moab , they have some nice cabins. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422428188.989386.jpg

JeepJam

I'm gonna be in Moab on July 30th. Can't decide between Hell's Revenge or The Fins. I have a stock JK unlimited. Any opinions? Can a stock do these trails without major damage?

Fridge81

I'm gonna be in Moab on July 30th. Can't decide between Hell's Revenge or The Fins. I have a stock JK unlimited. Any opinions? Can a stock do these trails without major damage?

You can totally do both in a stock rig, Super easy trails.

Top Bottom