Junk Yard

Grubbicon

For those of you that have done junk yard axles I would like to know what your running. I am ready to start a junk yard build and have my mind pretty much made up on a 14bolt for the rear but im open to suggestions. On the front I really dont know what kind I want to do so I would like to hear some opinions on some to look into.

Brankz

Just Curious but after you get it, you cut the mounts and weld new ones? Or you need more work than that?

Grubbicon

Just Curious but after you get it, you cut the mounts and weld new ones? Or you need more work than that?

I would be doing more work then that I am currently running a Rock Krawler 3link set up and dont want to change that so I would also be adding a truss be doing gears and lockers and what ever else I need. Im still looking into all the work thats gonna need to be done. This is gonna be a long term project so im not to worried about the work. Its something I want to do cause I like to play around with things.

Brankz

I would be doing more work then that I am currently running a Rock Krawler 3link set up and dont want to change that so I would also be adding a truss be doing gears and lockers and what ever else I need. Im still looking into all the work thats gonna need to be done. This is gonna be a long term project so im not to worried about the work. Its something I want to do cause I like to play around with things.

Cool... Good luck man

Jiffy05

I have a 14 bolt sitting in my garage that I want to put in a 4 door when I get one. I think for the front I want to do PR60

If you're going to push the rig with a 14 bolt I would look for a 60 front. If not you can find high pinion 44's around out of 78-79 f250's.

I would shy away from sticking with the 3 link. As someone who has broke that upper link twice it has been very nice being able to drive off the trail to get it fixed.

I'm not trying to knock your set up just sharing my experiences where that may cause some headaches.

Grubbicon

If you're going to push the rig with a 14 bolt I would look for a 60 front. If not you can find high pinion 44's around out of 78-79 f250's.

I would shy away from sticking with the 3 link. As someone who has broke that upper link twice it has been very nice being able to drive off the trail to get it fixed.

I'm not trying to knock your set up just sharing my experiences where that may cause some headaches.

Yeah I have heard a lot of people not liking the 3link but I definitely get why. I myself kinda regret doing it but it was done too long ago so its gonna have to say awhile. Also I dont want a 44 cause im already on my stock rubi axles. The main reason for me wanting to start this project is because about 4 months ago I decided I wanted to see for myself how a 40 is gonna last on a stock rubi axle. I havent spent anymoney on them and wont cause I knew when I did it I was just gonna go till it breaks then change it. Im personally not a fan of trusses and stuff just because what ever you do your not gonna change the important stuff inside. The reason I am wanting to start this now is because when they break I want to have the new stuff on hand to then fit them under the jeep. But I would like to get most of the other stuff done before that point in time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom