2.5" lift recommendation and feedback ?

iM7md

Hello,
I have 2012 Wrangler sport 2 door, I was thinking of 3" lift but due to the additional cost of replacing both Driveshafts, I decied to go with 2.5" lift now and may upgrade it later. I am thinking to get TeraFlex 2.5" Lift which has good vaule and Fox Racing TeraFlex Tuned Performance Shocks which supports 2.5-4" Lift.

as my search goes I believe I need the below additional parts as well
• Adjustable Front Track Bar
• Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms

Please share your recommendation and feedback

Thank you all in advance

Last edited:

Jeep2010

Hello,
I have 2012 Wrangler sport 2 door, I was thinking of 3" lift but due to the additional cost of replacing both Driveshafts, I decied to go with 2.5" lift now and may upgrade it later. I am thinking to get TeraFlex 2.5" Lift which has good vaule and Fox Racing TeraFlex Tuned Performance Shocks which supports 2.5-4" Lift.

as my search goes I believe I need the below additional parts as well
• Adjustable Front Track Bar
• Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms

Please share your recommendation and feedback

Thank you all in advance

I have a 2.5" AEV lift and so far so good. It has bilstein shocks. Obviously the fox shocks will be better but it's a solid lift. I plan on going crazy and doing a long arm with coil overs but for right now I went with the AEV lift and 35" tires. It's still a DD. But give it a look. Kit is complete with everything you need.

OJK12

Teracrap is garbage and for what they are as a company is suggest you spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere. A spacer lift will give you an exact 2.5" lift and be very budget friendly and they all work about the same. I would look into those unless your dead set on getting a coil lift. Just my humble opinion I'm sure others will give you much better advice.

iM7md

I have a 2.5" AEV lift and so far so good. It has bilstein shocks. Obviously the fox shocks will be better but it's a solid lift. I plan on going crazy and doing a long arm with coil overs but for right now I went with the AEV lift and 35" tires. It's still a DD. But give it a look. Kit is complete with everything you need.

AEV looks good but it out of my budget

iM7md

Teracrap is garbage and for what they are as a company is suggest you spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere. A spacer lift will give you an exact 2.5" lift and be very budget friendly and they all work about the same. I would look into those unless your dead set on getting a coil lift. Just my humble opinion I'm sure others will give you much better advice.

Will you tell me please what's wrong with Teraflex? is it about manufacturing quality or something else? I prefer going with suspension lift and upgrade it with time not fan of spacers

StrizzyChris

Do you like your springs firm/stiff/responsive or soft/smooth?

Do you care more about budget or quality? What is your budget?

What parts do you already have if any?

These questions will help in guiding you to a kit to your needs/desires

iM7md

Do you like your springs firm/stiff/responsive or soft/smooth?

Do you care more about budget or quality? What is your budget?

What parts do you already have if any?

These questions will help in guiding you to a kit to your needs/desires

Like springs soft/smooth since Wrangler is DD
Care more about quality, budget about 1500 or less including shocks.

parts I have but not yet installed:
EVO JK Draglink Flip Kit
EVO Mfg C2 Axle Gussets
Rancho RS720003 Exhaust Pipe Kit

running 305/70R17 with chopped stock fenders and Rugged Ridge 17" x 9" wheels

kgw350

found this kit and its cost the same as teraflex Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" System , My Wrangler for daily driving and running it fast and hard in desert mostly sand not really a rock crawler

Thats a great kit but for the 2dr I would recommend going with the 2.5" Flex system. The 2dr needs the front lower control arms with 2.5" RK springs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

iM7md

Thats a great kit but for the 2dr I would recommend going with the 2.5" Flex system. The 2dr needs the front lower control arms with 2.5" RK springs.

front lower control arms noted, Thanks

TangoJk

Why would it need lower control arms? I've run it with no issues.

Jeep2010

AEV looks good but it out of my budget

That's ok. Jeeps have a way of grabbing hold of our accounts lol. I know my jeep has its own account and seems to grow faster than mine lol. Just please don't go to rough country. I worked at a dealership and the shocks went bad after 6-8 months on 3 of our lifted jeeps.

gburkett

I just helped install a RC lift on a Cherokee and had to get a shock overnighted cause the one in the box was stuck in the collapsed position.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have a Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift. So far I am middle of the road with it. I have not done anything more than drive the jeep as of yet. So offroad I dont know how it will perform. It is noticeably stiffer to me but not so much so to anybody else who has ridden in my jeep before and after. Again, I havent gotten it offroad so offroad the ride may suck worse than stock. It still rides well enough on the road to me, not saying I am an expert by any means but I have had several straight front axle vehicles that have been a rougher ride than the jeep is now. Most of them were leaf springs compared to the jeeps coil springs so it is also hard to compare them. Ride is 100% subjective though. So if you can find other jeeps to go ride in then do that first if possible.

I dont know how long I will keep it however, I am already wanting more lift but will probably have to wait a while. I was originally going to go with just the 2.5 budget boost but in hopes of getting a Warn Powerplant I was worried about the front end sagging more. That could have been me over thinking it also.

I will say that if I could have purchased a "better/more expensive" lift than I wouldve looked into the EVO 3 inch Enforcer at the very least. Thats based off of what I have seen and read on this forum.

Top Bottom