Heat in and out

Bryan__howell

I'm leaking some coolant and my heat had started going from cold to hot over and over constantly changing. Also my temp gauge varies. Should I replace my thermostat?

I'm leaking some coolant and my heat had started going from cold to hot over and over constantly changing. Also my temp gauge varies. Should I replace my thermostat?

There was a recall out, I think, on the heater core where there was dirty water used when it was built and left silt in the system causing the same issue. Worth checking out.

R/
Will

jeeeep

Hooked
if you have a newer model, take it to the dealer to get any related TSB done, as Canvas pointed out there's a TSB that will cover it under warranty.

Brankz

Check you temp sensor, I had a similar problem and I fix it when I replaced the cheap plastic sensor for a brass one 👍

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I hope you did, but check coolant level too. Does your actual cabin heat go up and down or just the gauge.

I had an air bubble in my 13 when it was new, but if finally went away. That could be a possibility. That was a common complaint for a while along with the sand problem.

Edit: i had to reread your post. Still makes me think low coolant level, and maybe the air bubble issue.

StrizzyChris

How cold is it in Memphis right now? If your coolant is bad, and its below freezing, you could have blockages. Happened to me in my old S10 a few times when I forgot that I only had water in the radiator when winter came. Air in the system(as mentioned) could cause this same symptom.

When's the last time you did a coolant flush? Might as well do that now while you're at it.

But most likely would be a thermostat sticking.

Top Bottom