Sagging rear leaf springs

Duds0311

i need a little advice. Currently I am running the rough country 4.5" long arm kit on my 96 xj. i just added the smittybuilt rear tire carrier and now with the weight of the 35" tire back there the rear is sagging.

I have a few thoughts, do an add-a-leaf or completely new springs. but if its new springs the rough country kit has springs and a drop shackle so i dont know what size spring pack to get.

Any advice would be awesome

jamesrw30

Not overly familiar with an XJ but could you put a little lift block on it? Might be a cheaper choice than replacing everything. Again, not real familiar and not an experienced tech head so this may be a bad thought.

Duds0311

i dont want to add a lift block as the leaf pack is flat already and i need something to beef it up. thank you for your help though

Hack12

I'd say just go for the gold and correct the issue the first time by adding full leaf packs. I've heard the add-a-leaf's don't last. :twocents:

Hack12

Thanks hack...that's what I'm thinking

I had the same super saggy issue you're dealing with. I initially bought a 3" kit with add-a-leafs, but after much contemplation, I decided to break down and drop the extra couple hundred on a 3" kit with full leaf packs. I couldn't be happier with that decision. For as much work as it is to install the add-a-leafs, I just assume go for the full packs and never look back! :thumb:

Top Bottom