2014 jku sport dash issue

1BAMF'nJKU

Has anyone else had the dash bow/warp outward on their jk? If so what was the issue and how was it fixed? Thanks in advance....

1BAMF'nJKU

I do not have a photo on my phone and currently at work but will gladly post when when able. Just curious to wether or not it is a known issue and any fixes? Thx

mastrcruse

Yep. I saw a thread of a ton of people having the same issue. The dealership will replace it and 3000 miles later it'll be bowed out again. One guy said he had his replaced 4-5 times

jeeeep

Hooked
damn...the heat coming off the vents is softening the plastic trim, guess Chrysler went for the cheap plastic :doh:

xrocknrollx

Mine bowed at about 2k miles... I'm used to it now, it doesent bother meanymore. Good to know it's not just mine..... But oh well it's a jeep and the jkur is still 10x better than my built tj.

Skid_Kid

I think that is cause by the curve of hardball roads. If you flexed the suspension all the time it would have not happened.... :cheesy:

xrocknrollx

I think that is cause by the curve of hardball roads. If you flexed the suspension all the time it would have not happened.... :cheesy:

Does the pot hole filled muddy road I take to the grocery store count... If so then your theory is wrong.

CCTX50

My 2013 JKUR did the same. Took it in and dealership replaced under warrantee. They called me to pick up the Jeep and the new dash was already bowing out. Oh well.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
My 13 is probably bowed too, but I honestly haven't noticed it. If it is, it will start bugging me.

DirtDevil63

Have it replaced like i am Thursday along with my cluster, steering wheel, horn, and both tail lights. When you get it back take the window switch out with a trim stick and reroute all the wiring behind there so it doesnt push against the plastic. I read it somewhere that its like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag behind there. It doesnt help that the heat blows about 1000 degrees. Also for shits and giggles put your HVAC on floor only and see if it only blows on the floor. Mine doesnt. It either blows floor and vents or floor and defrost. You have to understand that you only get so much when you spend 41,000 on a jeep.

toxicwaste29

Have it replaced like i am Thursday along with my cluster, steering wheel, horn, and both tail lights. When you get it back take the window switch out with a trim stick and reroute all the wiring behind there so it doesnt push against the plastic. I read it somewhere that its like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag behind there. It doesnt help that the heat blows about 1000 degrees. Also for shits and giggles put your HVAC on floor only and see if it only blows on the floor. Mine doesnt. It either blows floor and vents or floor and defrost. You have to understand that you only get so much when you spend 41,000 on a jeep.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but mine does the same. I put it on floor and some still comes out through the defrost; its so little it doesnt bother me and the floor still gets toasty.

DirtDevil63

Dont mean to hijack the thread but mine does the same. I put it on floor and some still comes out through the defrost; its so little it doesnt bother me and the floor still gets toasty.

It may not bother you but its kicking on the ac compressor. press recirc and and start on floor and vent. then make your way to floor only. when you get to floor only the recirc light turns off meaning it just kicked on your ac for defrost. that robs power and fuel.
my point being no matter if its a trim piece or a trans problem, they are being rushed to be built. quality care ( 5 star was never quality anyway) has gone by the wayside for the push of product and revenue.
thread rob, sorry dude. i stare at that stupid dash piece 1/2 the time i drive it..

Top Bottom