Rockkrawler disconnects

I just ordered and installed a set of these on my JK and I am getting some horrible noises out of them. I torqued everything to specs and double checks my install. I get a clanging noise as my jeep leans on turns and over large bumps. Has anyone had this issue? It is so annoying that I am considering sending them back to Northridge and getting another brand!

toxicwaste29

Mine do the same exact thing and I cant stand it. I believe there is slop in the bottom joint where the stud is slid through but it has to have this tolerance there to slid them on and off. Also they are metal on metal there.

x2 on the pics. I've got the disconnects on front and the regulars on the rear and no sounds from them since installation a few months ago.

Tanner505

Mine do the same exact thing and I cant stand it. I believe there is slop in the bottom joint where the stud is slid through but it has to have this tolerance there to slid them on and off. Also they are metal on metal there.

For noise rk recommend that you use wd40 to help with corrosion and noise, I've never sprayed mine but I've never had noise from mine and I've had my rk lift for about a year now

I finally found out how to stop the noise. For you guys who have these disconnects go to Home Depot and get a couple rubber washers and cut them to fit the bottom bolts that attach the link to the axle. Put these washers between the pin and the link end. If you have a Rubicon I would assume you put it in between the nut and link end. For the top rattle, the bolt moves around slightly in the sway bar. Same deal, but use a very thin grommet around the bolt where it goes through the sway bar ends. I finally found one at Ace 1/16th thickness.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
x2 on the pics. I've got the disconnects on front and the regulars on the rear and no sounds from them since installation a few months ago.

I've had mine installed for about ten months now. No clunking sound for me, but I don't have any slop in the joints. I do use WD-40 regularly per RockKrawler's instructions (at least at each oil change). We'll see how they continue to hold up with the New England salt through this winter.

I may be following your advice. Thanks!

noroad

I've had mine installed for about ten months now. No clunking sound for me, but I don't have any slop in the joints. I do use WD-40 regularly per RockKrawler's instructions (at least at each oil change). We'll see how they continue to hold up with the New England salt through this winter.

I may be following your advice. Thanks!

what are you doing this weekend?? why you not coming to RC with us!

Top Bottom