Coil overs vs traditional springs

t8er

Ok. With taxes, new job etc I'm looking to do some serious upgrades to my JKUR. Plan is for a PR44, 4.88 gears, driveshafts etc. currently I have the RE standard 3.5" lift. Debating on wether I go with EVO plush ride 4" coils and Fox 2.0's with reservoir or run the bolt in coil overs. I'm not doing high speed runs but do enjoy a good highway ride and want more flex than I currently have. Tired and wheels are going to be 37" mud grapplers with ATX chamber pro 2 wheels. Looking for input from those who have these setups or similar.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There is going to be a night and day difference between the coilovers and traditional set up. It really isn't fair to compare. That being said I'm sure you would be happy with either choice

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I have the 4" EVO plush coils and love them. Very comfortable ride on and off road the only problem is after a while they do sag but coil spacers will fix that. But if I had the option to go coilovers I would take those and never look back.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
As a side note, the Chamber Pros have just a bit too much backspacing at 4.0 for the EVO coilovers.

I am in the process of jumping up to 37s and Slabs and originally wanted the Pro Chambers. When I spoke with Drew down at ORE about future plans for coilovers or DTD, he said they would require a spacer to be run with the coilovers, where the Slabs would not.

Good luck on the build!

t8er

As a side note, the Chamber Pros have just a bit too much backspacing at 4.0 for the EVO coilovers.

I am in the process of jumping up to 37s and Slabs and originally wanted the Pro Chambers. When I spoke with Drew down at ORE about future plans for coilovers or DTD, he said they would require a spacer to be run with the coilovers, where the Slabs would not.

Good luck on the build!

That kind of sucks to hear on the chambers. I like those better than the slabs because a ton of rigs run slabs. Depending on final axle cost etc I may just stick with traditional coils.

Top Bottom