RK drag link flip

toxicwaste29

I have the older style RK drag link that has the two tie rod ends. Their install instructions for flipping to the top of the knuckle show drilling out the knuckle then inserting a sleeve. I do not have this sleeve. Looking at something like the synergy high steer drag link it looks like it just sits in the stock knuckle without it having been drilled. Is this sleeve even something that's required since the rod will still go into the knuckle its just flipped?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well the EVO DL flip kit uses a sleeve as well once you drill it out. I would assume they they all use the same method.

CJW

All use a sleeve. Ball joints have a tapered end. You need a sleeve to get the taper back.

bsimon187

On the new kit- i was told they got rid of the sleeve. I had the same thought that I was missing the sleeve for the tie rod and the drag link. Called RK on both occasions and was told they are no longer using the sleeves and their updated instructions stated so. I had received the old instructions for both..

toxicwaste29

On the new kit- i was told they got rid of the sleeve. I had the same thought that I was missing the sleeve for the tie rod and the drag link. Called RK on both occasions and was told they are no longer using the sleeves and their updated instructions stated so. I had received the old instructions for both..

By new kit do you mean the one that has a bend end? I have the style with tie rod ends on both sides.

bsimon187

Mine is the new thick one- it has a bend but has their new tre's on one side and a factory tre on the sector shaft.

toxicwaste29

Synergy makes 1 ton sleeves that you put in the knuckle after drilling. Will this sleeve work for or are the 1 ton and regular tie rod ends different diameters?

CJW

You drill out the knuckle for the drag link and use the straight-to-taper sleeve for that. Not sure how RK does it but every other kit I've seen works like that.
You don't drill anything for the tie rod. That stays as is unless you're upgrading to a larger size ball joint.

bsimon187

You drill out the knuckle for the drag link and use the straight-to-taper sleeve for that. Not sure how RK does it but every other kit I've seen works like that.
You don't drill anything for the tie rod. That stays as is unless you're upgrading to a larger size ball joint.

On the rk tie rod you have to drill out the knuckle as well for the tre's.

toxicwaste29

Its for my drag link. I say tie rod ends because its the same ends for the drag link and tie rod I believe. Im wondering about the sleeves because Im drilling to flip my drag link

Top Bottom