75 Watt Led Headlights

ljvsnyder

So i received a set of 75 watt led headlights from an overseas supplier for conducting a review of their product, I only had to pay shipping, so if they aren't any good no real loss.
The shipping packaging was great. Lots of protection from damage.

The lights are very sturdy these did not come with the H13 connector attached so it either needs hard wired or the plug attached. They did provide the plug ends. There are several retailers selling these and most will pre-install the plug. Lifetime is the only one that i am aware of that don't have the plugs attached.

The ribbons on the top and bottom are drl and the middle line the dims and the top and bottom row are the high beam. Install should be done this weekend.

My plan is to get the plugs installed before this weekend and then install on Saturday, I will provide a full review with light output numbers and comparison between the Raxiom H13 drop ins I am running and if I can grab my co-worker Saturday night some comparison shots to stock headlight bulbs.

Flat Top

I've seen these online for a very favorable price for a set. Only down side is not DOT certified as far as I can tell but I'm still interested.

holy_crap

A local company sells them here for $299 and are plug and play. They're really cool lights, the low beam is the center row, and the high beams are the other 2 rows, kind of looks square lol, but look really good. The DRL, are a cool touch too.

ljvsnyder

Got them in yesterday and tested them a little. I believe they need a little adjustment.

Attachments

• 1423410621410.jpg
    1423410621410.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 247
  • 1423410633222.jpg
    1423410633222.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 250
  • 1423410651230.jpg
    1423410651230.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 247
  • 1423410671107.jpg
    1423410671107.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 1423410686815.jpg
    1423410686815.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

ljvsnyder

Well made some adjustments and believe I have the tuned in. The photos are from a cell phone so not the best quality pictures. Are these equivalent to a JW Speaker or trucklite, can only judge based upon photos, but I would say no they aren't. Are they an improvement over stock headlights, absolutely. When I light everything up on front I now have daylight. My a-pillar lights hit beyond the brights, then the brights then my two 36 Watt light bars flood the sides of the road. The lumens are much greater with these lights. The color is between 5500k and 6000k. You can see the difference when the fogs are lite.
Dims 25 feet away from the building.

Brights

dims no fogs on city street

Would I recommend these lights, yes for someone who's budget would not allow a $400-$850 for the higher end lights, but you need to get them at the right price, $300 for these is the max value of them. At that point save your money and get Peterson or Quadratec lights, as they both can be had for just under $400.00. The nice thing with these you can get them with an H13 plug from most retailers. I have seen no flicker that is common with most LED light systems, they put off sufficient heat that I don't see ice build up being an issue. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

For comparison here are the numbers on my Raxiom led replacement bulbs.

Raxiom headlights 30 feet away with no wall behind

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I cant remember his name off hand, but I think the one guy who was with us this weekend has these. Deff funky looking but kinda cool when they are one, if these are the same the low beam is just one line across right?

ljvsnyder

Center row is dims, upper and lower row plus dims are the brights. Then the two small strips top and bottom are drl's.

ljvsnyder

Many different Chinese companies. Southern suicidale lights carries them. So seward offroad lights and lifetime led. Southern is the cheapest.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I tried mine last night and really like so far but the test of time will tell! The high beams are really spots aren't they?

671JKU

I just went ahead and skipped past the trial and error and went straight to the JW Speaker Evolution 2 model. No regrets and the difference over stock is just ridiculous! I would recommend these lights any day.

Top Bottom