Truck-Lite Acquires Rigid Industries

Wardell

I just noticed these announcements on Facebook.

From Truck-Lite's page:

Truck-Lite is excited to announce the acquisition of Rigid Industries - LED Lighting!

"Rigid Industries provides an ideal platform for Truck-Lite's further expansion into the off road, power sport, agricultural, marine, industrial, and mining markets. It positions Rigid to grow as a major player in the LED lighting industry while maintaining its own distinct brand identity. Rigid has proven themselves a unique and successful company with superior quality, innovation, and a high level of customer interaction."

Picture is below. The link to the press release is: http://bitly.com/1LUjP3Q

And from Rigid Industries' Page:

Through our years of teamwork and dedication in building Rigid Industries into what it has become today, we have very exciting news. We would like to announce our acquisition by lighting industry leader Truck-Lite Company, Inc. LLC, part of the PENSKE Corporation. This strategic partnership brings two very diverse, but extremely complementary brands together forming a new lighting powerhouse for the consumer vehicle, heavy-duty, commercial and OE sectors.

Truck-Lite is known for their top-quality products in signal/safety, forward lighting and OE fleet headlight systems. Truck-Lite carries a very similar history to Rigid, just 50 years earlier. Established in 1955 by George Baldwin, who developed the first Sealed-Beam headlight in his kitchen. 60 years later Truck-Lite now has 2,300 employees! Together Rigid and Truck-Lite will continuously develop new and innovative lighting products!

Rigid will operate as an independent division under Truck-Lite and continue day-to-day operations from their facilities in Mesa, and Gilbert, Arizona providing you the same great name, products and warranty as before.

We are looking forward to working under the PENSKE family of businesses to make this a very successful offering to Rigid Nation worldwide.

Sounds like a great opportunity to build on both companies' successes. Thoughts?

Hack12

Well, that's pretty cool news. I wonder if Rigid's price points will stay the same on their products? :thinking:

LeJerk

I asked before why Rigid doesn't make a 7" headlight replacement for the JK.... I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Wardell

Very excited, love both brands. Maybe they'll do some combo packs, that would be sweet!

That would be sweet indeed! Both brands aren't cheep, but they are worth every penny. If they could offer combo packs to help those pennies go farther, it would be really awesome.

Much happier with this purchase than the Transamerican MFG -> PSC Purchase

Same here. When two quality companies get together, things can really only get better. When an less reputable company takes a good one over, there's no telling what they'll end up doing with it...

That said, we're in the last quarter of the fiscal year, so maybe this is the season for mergers and acquisitions? I wonder if there are any other announcements on the horizon.

Top Bottom