Colorado Front range trails for beginner?

CastleRockJeep

I have a friend who has limited off road experience but is the proud new owner of a 2015 Rubicon unlimited. Where can I take him that is "easy" but fun around the front range?

P.s. I wasn't sure where to post this. This was my best guess!

boardsurfer

I haven't run it, but I think China Wall is beginner friendly depending on how much snow is out there. Also, traildamage.com is your friend. The difficulty ratings have been pretty accurate in my experience.

Txjkjpr

China Wall is good because you can bypass most of the obstacles however if it real icy then it might be a bit more challenging. Illinois Gulch, Missouri Gulch (you can take on Moab Hill which can challenge the newbie, id suggest left side first). Those are on the south side of the range out of the Springs. If Dakan road is open it is a nice ride up to Rampart Range Rd, then you can take Longwater Gulch over to Hwy 67.

Bunce school road is easy unless there is a ton of snow then it can be impassable at spots. That was my first JK run ever.

CastleRockJeep

China Wall is good because you can bypass most of the obstacles however if it real icy then it might be a bit more challenging. Illinois Gulch, Missouri Gulch (you can take on Moab Hill which can challenge the newbie, id suggest left side first). Those are on the south side of the range out of the Springs. If Dakan road is open it is a nice ride up to Rampart Range Rd, then you can take Longwater Gulch over to Hwy 67.

I know that hidden valley is closed and I think Dakan probably is as well.. May be able to get over there from 67 but I am not sure.. I think I'll look into that...

Thanks!

hbkid22

Everything up in FOCO (larimer county) is pretty much closed except sevenmile. I would say Bunce would be a good one. And as mentioned before trail damage is a good resource.

t8er

There's a group of us running yankee hill next weekend. Meeting at red rocks. I can PM you the info if you want.

Top Bottom