Superchip flashcal or flashpaq??

tobias lopez

Hey wol fam so I am going to purchase a superchip either flashcal or flashpaq. I know this is a common question and I have read the threads posted before but I'm still undecided 😟😟

My main question is if the flashpaq is worth the extra 190? And do the tunes make a big difference?

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Tanner505

If you get the flashcal you can always upgrade it to a flashpaq down the road via superchips website, I went with a traildash and I love it

sjd78

I have the Flashpaq and feel the tunes are worth it. The throttle response and better shift points make drive ability way better in my opinion.

Tanner505

I have the Flashpaq and feel the tunes are worth it. The throttle response and better shift points make drive ability way better in my opinion.

I run the economy tune on mine and it's alot more responsive, I originally ran a diablo trinity but got tired of the lack of updates for it, there more goaled towards sports cars and superchips is more devoted to the jeep community for tunes and updates

Tanner505

Yeah the trail dash is exactly like the Flashpaq but has a live running screen so you can see engine parameters on the gauge screens like oil pressure, trans temperature, ect, you can engage and disengage front and rear lockers off the screen and the sway bar on rubicons, and has a built in Inclonmeter for pitch and roll, it's pretty awesome plus you can hook up a backup camera to it,

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If you get the flashcal you can always upgrade it to a flashpaq down the road via superchips website, I went with a traildash and I love it

I run a FlashCal, last I checked you have to send your unit in to have it converted to a FlashPaq. Has this changed?

tobias lopez

Yeah the trail dash is exactly like the Flashpaq but has a live running screen so you can see engine parameters on the gauge screens like oil pressure, trans temperature, ect, you can engage and disengage front and rear lockers off the screen and the sway bar on rubicons, and has a built in Inclonmeter for pitch and roll, it's pretty awesome plus you can hook up a backup camera to it,

Got it

Thanks guys.

Ok if I'm not mistaken I would want the flashpaq or trail dash to run a tune other than stock?

The flashcal will bring my jk back to stock once I input the correct tire size blah blah blah?

Tanner505

Got it

Thanks guys.

Ok if I'm not mistaken I would want the flashpaq or trail dash to run a tune other than stock?

The flashcal will bring my jk back to stock once I input the correct tire size blah blah blah?

The flashcal is for calibrating for bigger tires, gears ect... The traildash and Flashpaq does the same plus you get tunes as well

tobias lopez

I run a FlashCal, last I checked you have to send your unit in to have it converted to a FlashPaq. Has this changed?

I'm on the superchips website and yes you can ads flashpaq online. Intresting.

Attachments

• 1423456868334.jpg
    1423456868334.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 76

tobias lopez

I was just updating my software for the flashcal today. It offered me 179.99 to update to flashpaq.

Oh ok it's just the difference cool thank you

I updated mine when they were having an online special and it was somewhere around $80 then... I'm not sure what the regular price was/is

Wow that's good. That's 100 bucks off. Mmmm do you know if they have sales like that often? Maybe I can buy the flashcal and just wait for a sale to get the upgrade to flashpaq.

Top Bottom