Aussie lockers

Jeep_Dawg08

I have been entertaining getting lockers for my jku.
Problem is funds, I am just newly engaged and planning a wedding so money is really tight.

After our last outing in the mud and muck, getting stuck, and not being able to traverse hills. I came to the conclusion that lockers are needed. Lol
So research it is.... I have questions on the Aussie automatic lockers, does anyone know anything about them?
Good, bad , ugly all comments are welcomed.
The price wise just right.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would suggest a selectable locker like arb in the rear only and leave the front open on your d30.

Virgil

My 2008 JKU when I had it I put in the aussie in the front d30 with 5.13 gears.
Spent more on the rear. (They didn't have a detroit for the d30 front)
Broke a couple u-joints and sheared an axle off, but never had any issues with the aussie or gears.
I think I just got lucky though, I would never again put 5.13s in a 30, but it got me by for a few years.
The aussie performed great though. Very happy with it considering the price.
I'm not sure how it would do in the rear though. I'd probably spend more and be sure on the rear.

big dr

I had a TJ that I didn't want to spend a lot of money on. Aussie locker worked great for me for two years of pounding it, trying to keep up with all my friends in their JK's. Never had an issue with it. I think its a great locker for the budget minded.

Well I went out last weekend with some buddies and I went where all the big boys with lockers went and did not have a problem. What tires are you running? I am running the Trail Grapplers.

BumpStick

I have an Aussie in my D30 and LOVE it. This past weekend I went to Jeepin with Judd down here in FL. I did all of the intermediate trails and course with ease. Intermediate= recommended 33+ and one axle locked, Advanced= recommended 35+ and both axles locked. I did all but 3 obstacles one the advanced course and the only reason I didnt to those was I didnt have the approach angle and/or axle clearance.

Top Bottom