Grand Cherokee HELLCAT

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Looks like the Cherokee is getting the hellcat motor
http://horsepowerkings.com/all-wheel-drive-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt-hellcat-is-coming/

jeepgchellcat.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yet another care I can appreciated but would never buy. But I did send the link to a friend of mine whom I know is looking for a new ride. His response cracked me up.

Sweet! If only if was bigger. :(

Where's my Grand Wagoneer, bitches??

:cheesy:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Fantastic news!! Liked the challenger but it was 2 doors and wouldn't be a practical driver. Charger hellcat looked like an avis rental or a police car. This is...well...perfect. Had GC SRT time for a second one! Two jeep household soon.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Fantastic news!! Liked the challenger but it was 2 doors and wouldn't be a practical driver. Charger hellcat looked like an avis rental or a police car. This is...well...perfect. Had GC SRT time for a second one! Two jeep household soon.

Thought you said you ordered a challenger hellcat way back when. I remember you saying "just ordered one through my sales guy."

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thought you said you ordered a challenger hellcat way back when. I remember you saying "just ordered one through my sales guy."

I did. A few weeks later I called and told him I'd rather have a charger since I really wanted 4 doors on my driver. Then I was in business in California and was given a charger for a rental. Granted the rental didn't even have a Hemi and it was probably close to a base model, I couldn't deal with the looks and the mediocre interior. It felt like it was too much of a downgrade from my current daily driver...it would be shittier in every way but the engine. I thought that the novelty would wear off in a few months and I'd be selling it for something else. Called him back and told him that I didn't want either. The dealer and I have done business for a while and are pretty good friends. It isn't a big deal if I change my mind. I'll still likely be buying my other half a new car from them in a few months and they'll still have my business. As far as what I ordered they likely sold what they had as soon as they received it.

The GC SRT is a known quantity for me since I had one before my wrangler. It should definitely be nice inside and out. Pretty exciting if Chrysler actually releases it for under $80k. The only problem is that the WK2 is likely due for a new body style in the next year or two so any buyer will have to factor that in. The depreciation on an out of date body style will be brutal.

Last edited:

Snsrubicon

Hellcat cherokee

I will tell you that the srt is far from any standard vehicle...everything about them is totally set up for that vehicle, interior , paint scheme, motor , trans ect...I have a 2014 srt8 and it's amazing but I will trade it in on the hellcat..have a friend who just sold his srt8 jeep and has a Charger on order...besides being a 4 door it is faster than the challenger with a higher top speed..and he is paying sticker for his around $66000.00 our local dealer is marking it up 30k...and selling them as fast as he gets them in.. You can go to srt driving experience and drive all the srt vehicles, except the viper or hellcat...and its a blast and worth every penny. And last the jeep srt8 will take a hellcat off the line its a rocket but the hellcat catches it very fast.

Top Bottom