Sliders question

rodgerdathug

Ok I have a question. Looking at different opinion for slider rocker guard. Seen multiple different style

This one
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423717701.371024.jpg

And this one
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423717720.221357.jpg

Which could be weld on or bolt on.

What is the pro and cons of these two styles.
Thanks y'all

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Jnabird333 could weigh in with his opinion on the first ones as he runs them. I have heard positives and negatives about them from him. Im sure he will chime in for you in the morning.

rodgerdathug

Jnabird333 could weigh in with his opinion on the first ones as he runs them. I have heard positives and negatives about them from him. Im sure he will chime in for you in the morning.

Thanks coz the first one you only really see run tj. Not saying jk don't have them. I

The Crusader sliders are nice but are not as stond as the Pure Jeep equivilant. I have them on my 4-door and wish I had gone another way (for several resons).

The other set mount to the pinch seam and body bolts. I am not a fan of this type slider (Especially on a 4-door). I have seen too many of this style flex and still damage the body.

el_chupo_

How do the JCR sliders compare to the LOD sliders?

It appears the LOD's need a drill/tap for the nuts, but have mounting points on the frame on side and bottom, where the JCR's use body/frame mounting points plus tie-in to the pinch seam for additional strength.

Both show a forklift holding up the jeep, but thats probably pretty low on my list of needs. My wifes work has a fork-lift, so you never know, though...

I am needing something with a good step, and while I dont have west coast rocks, there are a few around here, so I want good protection that wont damage body panels. The Crusader style from JCR worry me because the sliders are bolted into body panels, but they do also use body mount, and give a bit of protection there as well.

Not narrowed down to these, just trying to get some info on the types, and hopefully it will help the OP as well.

The forklift test is fairly useless IMO. It is done in a nice controlled manner where real world will be a fast hit many times.

As hinrichs suggested. If you're looking for a step I'd recommend the LOD sliders.

Top Bottom