EVO ARB mount

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I got the Evo underhood compressor mount and looks like I need to move the horn, where is the easiest/most common place to put it?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here's a picture of the 14 second horn. I didn't know wtf it was at first. But it's in the way if you mount the arb there.

Attachments

• 1423772625630.jpg
    1423772625630.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 244

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yup horn is in the way. That's why I mounted mine under the front passenger seat.

Edit: just realized that you are talking about the horn, not the compressor.

Have this setup on my 14. I just mounted the horn on a corner of the compressor mount using the stud on the side of the horn. I'll take a picture later tonight.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I just left the second horn off. The remaining one is loud enough lol

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

How did you go about mounting the compressor to the bracket? The write-up says to have the bolts going from the bottom up - but they seem too long to do that. They make contact with the body of the ARB.

But if they go from the top down, they contact the brake thing on the firewall so the mount doesnt sit quite right. :doh:

How did you go about mounting the compressor to the bracket? The write-up says to have the bolts going from the bottom up - but they seem too long to do that. They make contact with the body of the ARB.

But if they go from the top down, they contact the brake thing on the firewall so the mount doesnt sit quite right. :doh:

Had to cut the bolts to fit. I installed them from the top and trimmed the 2 rear bolts.

MTG

Caught the Bug
he has a 2014 they have a second horn there just move it out the way and install after the arb is in!

Learn something new everyday. Does the second horn make the weak-ass one my 2012 came with sound decent?

big dr

Weak horns are what CB PA systems are for,,,, "What shade of green are you waiting for??" ,,, "You can turn right,,,,,You can turn right,,,,, For the love of god,, make your turn!!":clap2:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I had to go look at my 13. Didn't know it had two. Not any louder than my 09 (i think).

Top Bottom