rubicon express or teraflex 2.5 lift?

chipjoseph

which one to choose between teraflex and rubicon expres 2.5 inche lift kit.
I have not heard any bad comments on rubicon express but i heard coil sag for tera flex.
coil sag scares me :p
i want to good quality and durable complete lift kit ,i am open to other sugjestion. :)

Ceithre

33's you wont even need a lift you can run up to a 35 with out a lift with proper trimming of fenders and pinch seems. 35's look good with 2.5 inch lift.

JK2DR

I have a rubicon express 2.5 kit with 33's. Its an awesome kit, but after adding just a front bumper I noticed the front end sagging, only going to be worse when I add the winch.

chipjoseph

i know i not need a lift to fit 33 and 35 but i not love look .
I just want a lift kit who does not sag after 1 year

shadow21

I feel like I've said this 100 times. I have the Rubicon Express 3.5 inch kit. It is a horrible kit it rides like shit similar to a wagon with square wheels. Everything about it pops, squeaks, cracks it drives me insane on a daily basis. I've torqued and re-torqued and re-torqued and re-torqued (you get my drift). It's by far the stiffest ride I've ever had in a jeep. Rubicon express is NOT the company that it use to be its a glorified Pro-Comp lift now. Ever since Trans-America purchased RE the quality has gone down hill I use to swear by RE when I had my TJ but now I don't. If you are set on a RE buy a Pro-Comp it's the same lift produced in the same place.

Do yourself and your wallet a huge favor and just get a puck or leveling kit both should be around $200. Run your 33's and then if you feel the need to go bigger than look at a lift. In fact you can find most puck kits on Craigslist or on the forums for cheap. I would stay way clear of Teraflex, Rubicon Express or Pro-Comp
Because they are all made in China. If you want quality you wi have to pay for it.

Wolf Man

Do yourself and your wallet a huge favor and just get a puck or leveling kit both should be around $200. Run your 33's and then if you feel the need to go bigger than look at a lift. In fact you can find most puck kits on Craigslist or on the forums for cheap. I would stay way clear of Teraflex, Rubicon Express or Pro-Comp
Because they are all made in China. If you want quality you wi have to pay for it.

^X2, for 33's just get a leveling kit, and some 4.5 BS wheels. This way you won't be changing all of the geometry, and you will be saving yourself a lot of money and headaches.
Plus it will handle and look good! IMO.:thumb:

MarkW13

which one to choose between teraflex and rubicon expres 2.5 inche lift kit.
I have not heard any bad comments on rubicon express but i heard coil sag for tera flex.
coil sag scares me :p
i want to good quality and durable complete lift kit ,i am open to other sugjestion. :)

View attachment 124282

2" spacer kit with advertised 35's. $270. Rides just like stock. It took about 4 hours to install. I'm dreaming of evo coilovers, but this will get me by until then.

Hot94Z28

Do you have a two door? I have a RK lift and with heavy bumpers and winch I don't have 4+ inches of lift I also have a unlimited. I say spacers and save money for a coil over lift I want one but will have to wait.

tobias lopez

I feel like I've said this 100 times. I have the Rubicon Express 3.5 inch kit. It is a horrible kit it rides like shit similar to a wagon with square wheels. Everything about it pops, squeaks, cracks it drives me insane on a daily basis. I've torqued and re-torqued and re-torqued and re-torqued (you get my drift). It's by far the stiffest ride I've ever had in a jeep. Rubicon express is NOT the company that it use to be its a glorified Pro-Comp lift now. Ever since Trans-America purchased RE the quality has gone down hill I use to swear by RE when I had my TJ but now I don't. If you are set on a RE buy a Pro-Comp it's the same lift produced in the same place.

Lol I think u had a real bad experience with RE.

I think this is the best route.

View attachment 124282

2" spacer kit with advertised 35's. $270. Rides just like stock. It took about 4 hours to install. I'm dreaming of evo coilovers, but this will get me by until then.

Yep^^^^^^ if I would of know how things work a little more before I lifted my jk. I would of just went this route.. I have the RE 4.5 short arm super flex with front, rear bumpers and which. Ride is subjective to the driver IMO. I have no complaints on the lift and how it rides. It's my DD.

But the pucks get the job done and u can save for some coilovers!! Lol now I'm saving for coilovers so it is going to be a double buy on my end.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I'm looking at the EVO leveling kit. Everything I have read on here about them has been good. The ride and within .5 inch of being level with front bumper and winch installed.

Tree squirrel

Help...
I have a stock 2014 JK 2 Dr.

I went on the newb run recently
While my jeep did fine... it bottomed out a bit.
So... I'm looking at a 2.5" lift kit (there are so many options) 35" tires, a rear elocker and gearing I'm thinking 4.88 or 5.13.?
I do a lot of freeway driving, so looking for comfortable ride as well as running at reasonable RPMs at 75mph.
And be able to run the rubicon.
Would like all above without breaking the bank!
lmao yeah.. I don't want much. :) I'm overwhelmed with all the options.
Any input would be greatly appreciated to help with this build.
Thx in advance.

Top Bottom