Painting the inside trim

Spartan

I tried doing a search and didn't find anything. I know some people have painted the the silver trim on the inside of their Jeep, and the silver part or the AC/Heat vents.

I was looking for a wright up on the removal and prep. Most of it looks like it would be just unbolting it, but I would imagine there is some kind of special prep needed since all the parts are plastic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MICP3309

1016215_10201620098920756_1586818530_n.jpg

Youtube for how to remove the vent, its a lot easier than it seems, but hard to explain. And for the door trim, and the passenger handle bar, those bolts are actually faux bolts. remove them, but those trim pieces all get pulled/pry out as they pop in with tabs.

After they were all out, I sanded them down with fine grit, and hit em with 2 coats rattle can paint, then 3 coats clear.

And that's it. (hint: if you paint the bolts like i did, use plastic wrap between the allen wrench and the bolt on re-insertion to protect the paint)

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
a friend did this-not mine

Orange paint and mountain theme gauges......by Paul, one of my pals who has a jeep shop in Cuers (south of France).

parts-jeep-preparation.JPG

Top Bottom