Crossmembers

JK2DR

My stock crossmember has taken a beating on the trails and is pretty destroyed. I saw northridge sells artec and poison spyder. Any recommendations between the 2 brands?

JK2DR

I need a new crossmember along with the skid system. Mines pretty dented and crushed up

sc_rhino

I think the crossmember he's talking about is what the transfer case sits on. I went with the ps one. Beefy.

noroad

The protek skid system does away with your stock crossmember.

this is not true!

To the OP the poison spyder one is nice along with synergy. but if you are getting a skid system you could prob pick up a stock one pretty cheap, you can have mine if you pay for shipping!

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
My stock crossmember has taken a beating on the trails and is pretty destroyed. I saw northridge sells artec and poison spyder. Any recommendations between the 2 brands?

Northridge also sells the Clayton cross member, same price as Poison Spyder but the Clayton comes e-coated and the PS is raw. I went with the Clayton because it was already e-coated and didn't want to pay more to get the PS coated. if you decide on the PS and paint you'll need to be sure to coat the inside really well to avoid rust.

What I didn't like about the Artec was the price, even though it's 1/4" thick, the top plate is fitted only to the top and from the image, appeared to only have a few welds holding the top plate (couldn't find any additional info online). The Clayton and PS are u-channel so they end up being double walled.

I just installed the Clayton yesterday, easy install. which ever one you choose be sure to line up the gas skid holes to the cross member before tightening everything up.

JK2DR

Northridge also sells the Clayton cross member, same price as Poison Spyder but the Clayton comes e-coated and the PS is raw. I went with the Clayton because it was already e-coated and didn't want to pay more to get the PS coated. if you decide on the PS and paint you'll need to be sure to coat the inside really well to avoid rust.

What I didn't like about the Artec was the price, even though it's 1/4" thick, the top plate is fitted only to the top and from the image, appeared to only have a few welds holding the top plate (couldn't find any additional info online). The Clayton and PS are u-channel so they end up being double walled.

I just installed the Clayton yesterday, easy install. which ever one you choose be sure to line up the gas skid holes to the cross member before tightening everything up.

Ok ill take a look at the clayton. Thanks for all the help. Ill be picking up a skid system too, noticed a pretty good dent in my oil pan!

noroad

Ok ill take a look at the clayton. Thanks for all the help. Ill be picking up a skid system too, noticed a pretty good dent in my oil pan!

Crown sells 3.6 oil pans for like 25 bucks change it out on next oil change!

Top Bottom